Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions about FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I bought my model 3 last year and got the upgrade for FSD beta and I see other cars with the super advanced FSD HUD and I’m wondering does model 3 not get that part of the beta till later or is it a state thing? I’m in Ohio
Owners have asked many times for HUD but Tesla does not believe in it. So what HUD that you see is not from Tesla.

All current Autopilot and FSD are "beta" as in a generic function.

Most people who bought FSD including since 10/2016, still get a public release FSD which functions as beta but for differentiation, that version is not called "FSD beta". Most of what owners use FSD is beta but it is not named "FSD beta".

When you call "FSD beta", it's referred to a limited release to a very few owners.

As to when you can get "FSD beta", just like those who have waited since 10/2016, there's a promise that it would come around 3/16/2021 or almost 5 months ago, and we are still waiting:

Last edited:
Reactions: Microterf
So I bought my model 3 last year and got the upgrade for FSD beta and I see other cars with the super advanced FSD HUD and I’m wondering does model 3 not get that part of the beta till later or is it a state thing? I’m in Ohio
You bought the FSD package. What you're seeing is people that have the FSD Beta. (Only like 71 non employees have it so fsr. )

• Informative
Reactions: Tam
All FSD is "beta" but this op must be talking about "FSD beta" beta (lmao). With that being said, I dont follow FSD development much except to peek in on this subforum every once in a while and see "yep, the same basic discussion is happening in almost every thread in that subforum still, and not much has changed regarding FSD yet"

I think Tesla has been calling the “FSD Beta Beta” the FSD City Streets Beta to differentiate them, but most people are still confused. And they might have changed the name again. It’s hard to keep track even if you visit these forums daily.