Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions about Tesla Insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure about the rider or FSD, but having gotten my car totaled, Tesla insurance in California is really painful on the claims side. They cut a check fast but they outsource the insurance to Crawford and its really bad support.

Took over a year to get our deductible back as well (other party was clearly at fault, I had to go to CHP office to get the police report myself since Tesla could not or was unable to pull it).

Also my mobile connector was sold with the car in the lot, and I was unable to get that or any personal items from the car since Tesla/Crawford didn't seem to know where it was or how to get into it until it was suddenly sold as salvage. The dude who bought the car found me from my documents in the glovebox and he stopped by my house and I traded him keys for my chademo adapter and other personal items and wished him luck on the repair.

On the bonus, they did pay out a giant check, not sure if it was due to inflated used market at the time, or having FSD on the 3 made a difference, but it was significantly higher than what I paid for the car when it was new in 2018.

Not sure about the rider or FSD, but having gotten my car totaled, Tesla insurance in California is really painful on the claims side. They cut a check fast but they outsource the insurance to Crawford and its really bad support.

Took over a year to get our deductible back as well (other party was clearly at fault, I had to go to CHP office to get the police report myself since Tesla could not or was unable to pull it).

Also my mobile connector was sold with the car in the lot, and I was unable to get that or any personal items from the car since Tesla/Crawford didn't seem to know where it was or how to get into it until it was suddenly sold as salvage. The dude who bought the car found me from my documents in the glovebox and he stopped by my house and I traded him keys for my chademo adapter and other personal items and wished him luck on the repair.

On the bonus, they did pay out a giant check, not sure if it was due to inflated used market at the time, or having FSD on the 3 made a difference, but it was significantly higher than what I paid for the car when it was new in 2018.
Thanks so much! I hope you are having fun in your new Tesla!!!

Reactions: cdub