Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Master thread: Cybertruck insurance premium quotes AND/OR repair estimates, if you had an accident.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received a quote from my Allstate Insurance agent.

I just received a quote from Allstate for insurance.

$1913.15 per year. Full coverage. 1k deductible with medical.
For a CT? Allstate wanted $2000 for my Plaid, but Progressive has insured it for two plus years now for $637/six months - full coverage, $1000 deductible. No medical. I could have put the Rivian on the Progressive policy and saved more, but I need to have at least one vehicle on Allstate for all the other Allstate policy discounts.

No quotes without a VIN. Have you ever insured a vehicle, or got a route without a VIN? I have not. If you say yes, what insurance company would even do that?
All of them. Call an agent / 800 number.

“Hi I’m looking to see pricing for a CT with XYZ coverage”

Mega easy. You’re making this far more difficult than it is. Allstate quoted out in 10min, no vin. 🤷🏿‍♂️

For a CT? Allstate wanted $2000 for my Plaid, but Progressive has insured it for two plus years now for $637/six months - full coverage, $1000 deductible. No medical. I could have put the Rivian on the Progressive policy and saved more, but I need to have at least one vehicle on Allstate for all the other Allstate policy discounts.

I have my P3D and my wife's Kia Niro on my policy right now. The total premium for both of those together isn't even the price of the CT.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Doesn't work with Allstate or Progressive. Been there, done that.
Obviously not. Many have quotes from both, without a vin.

Also, CT vins are public knowledge. Use one if you’re unable to communicate what you need to your insurance agent.

Not sure I have Ever needed a Vin for a quote from any insurance company? Hence a Quota not a policy. Won’t take any side of this argument but can you admit Any data posted would be fairly useless without full disclosure (IE mining)? Same person same age quote is a Bit different if say one had 5 accident claims or lives in Gary Indiana (as an example). Just unsure how Any of this interest would prove anything?

Reactions: buckets0fun
VIN is generally not required for generally available models, but for fresh new model some companies may not be able to give out a quote or the agent simply doesn't want to go the extra step to figure out. If a live person can gives out a quote, they usually will warn you without a VIN is just an estimate not the final quote. There are others on different forums reported their quotes, if someone is interested in an inaccurate and some rough ideas that's fine, whether one can draw any conclusion from it is elusive.

Not sure I have Ever needed a Vin for a quote from any insurance company? Hence a Quota not a policy. Won’t take any side of this argument but can you admit Any data posted would be fairly useless without full disclosure (IE mining)? Same person same age quote is a Bit different if say one had 5 accident claims or lives in Gary Indiana (as an example). Just unsure how Any of this interest would prove anything?
I did send another email to may agent, pushing them to provide some guidance, prior to purchase. Also, this thread was created so prospective CT buyer's can "get a feeling for" premiums. Obviously, their actual rates are based on many things, which is why I asked them not only to provide their quote, but also a general understanding of other variable. No Personal data is requested. Also curious how CT rates compare to Rivian and Ford Lighting rates. I suspect they will be higher.

Last edited:
My Progressive insurance actually went down when I switched 2023 X to CT, not by much, just short of $100 per 6 month, but down nonetheless. I was unable to do the vehicle update online as the website would not accept the VIN or manual selection and needed to call, but Progressive eventually located the Cybertruck and updated my policy
Thanks! Please report back in six months, after the renewal.

I hope my insurance quote remains the same.

Looks like there are some Rivian insurance surprises after purchase.

Click on this article here for further information.

Cloudflare CEO Says Rivian Trucks 'A Disaster' When Something Goes Wrong, Reveals Staggering $4,200 Quote For Windshield Repair

Rivian insurance rates went insane when the cars were being totaled for ~3k in parts. Or 42k$ quarter panel dents being paid out and fixed like it wasn’t a normal unibody vehicle.

pricing on riv repairs are allllll over the place, as such, rivian owners “benefit”