Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Master thread: Cybertruck insurance premium quotes AND/OR repair estimates, if you had an accident.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jebinc

Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
Creating a thread to capture new Cybertruck owners’ insurance premium quotes, and/or repair estimates - if you were involved in an accident with your new Cybertruck.

Once you get a VIN and an insurance premium quote, please share it here. Helpful insurance data would include:

- Level of insurance coverage you selected
- General overview of your “driving record” and age group

If you had an accident, please share details about the accident, damage, repair cost estimate and “flow time” estimated to effect the repair.

Thank you. 🙏

Has anyone received a quote yet? The only thing I’ve found it this in a FB group.

IMG_0155.png

- Level of insurance coverage you selected
- General overview of your “driving record” and age group

These are legitimate questions I’d like to see answers for. I wouldn’t call it data mining?
We don’t call this data mining? Self snitching? What is the correct phrasing for ya

Insurance varies so much these threads are hilarious. Call an insurance broker. Use an insurance broker website. More specific info could be given to ya there.

Prices on parts, get a list together, put in an otc parts order from tesla via the app.

Got questions about a wreck? All wrecks are different, energy dispersion and all that fun.

These threads are hilarious

• Disagree
Reactions: jebinc
Really interested to see how this thread evolves. This car looks like it should be an exotic car at first glance, it's priced as a luxury car, and has the dreams of being a cheap (lol) truck which captures the heart of none truck people someday maybe trust us bros. So how are insurance companies going to perceive and rate it?

Insurance cost are factored into the overall cost of ownership a vehicle, especially if your employer is paying a large chunk of the over vehicle cost. This may determine whether or not someone buys this vehicle. Some people actually work for a living. Cost of car insurance is a valid concern for some people.

My company pays a handsome car stipend, but if insurance is bonkers for a CT, I might have to settle for a cheaper car (Y or X). This is real life, not someone who maybe wants to trailer a 24ft SeaRay Sundeck 100miles a couple times a year to their lake house. Sorry.

Some people actually work for a living.

My company pays a handsome car stipend, but if insurance is bonkers for a CT, I might have to settle for a cheaper car (Y or X). This is real life, not someone who maybe wants to trailer a 24ft SeaRay Sundeck 100miles a couple times a year to their lake house. Sorry.
You’ll only know YOUR insurance cost by contacting a broker/agent.
Credit score, driving experience, location, education level, zip code… and so on are all taken into account.

Not sure where/what you’re after with that first sentence. “Some people work for a living” noooo waiiiiii?! Tell us more? 🙄

I’ve towed ~7k lbs for the last 3mo/20k miles with my r1s, 4200lbs with the X for over a year… plz tell me more about real life?
IMG_4194.jpeg

It would be interesting for owners of a Rivian (T or S), a Lightning F150, or a Hummer EV, to also provide a quote for their vehicle.
For my Rivian R1T I pay $812, every six months. Collision/liability. For thenPlaid, about $650. I’m willing to bet the CT would be in the thousands, given the construction of all castings and a skin that is glued in with structural adhesive.

Really interested to see how this thread evolves. This car looks like it should be an exotic car at first glance, it's priced as a luxury car, and has the dreams of being a cheap (lol) truck which captures the heart of none truck people someday maybe trust us bros. So how are insurance companies going to perceive and rate it?

I wonder if the insurance is going to be limited to insurance companies like Hagerty because of its price. I wonder if there is a sample insurance quote from the Rivian R1T performance. There should be some data on that vehicle.

I tried to call my insurance company about the insurance price, however they need a VIN number. Anyone know of a sample VIN number?

Last edited:
I wonder if the insurance is going to be limited to insurance companies like Hagerty because of its price. I wonder if there is a sample insurance quote from the Rivian R1T performance. There should be some data on that vehicle.

I tried to call my insurance company about the insurance price, however they need a VIN number. Anyone know of a sample VIN number?
Strange, right. Many are receiving Cats now and yet no one has posted anything about the rates they are being charged.

• Funny
Reactions: buckets0fun
Most likely the rate for now is normal since there isn't enough data for insurance company, I remembered initially the insurance on my S is normal but after couple of years, the rate increased substantially for Teslas across the industry. I checked insurance quote on Lucid which is newer more expensive than my old S, and for sure it will cost more way more to repair but the insurance rate is actually lower. I imagine the cost will be higher eventually but not at the moment, e.g. it may easily total other cars due to its weight, costly to repair leading to more write offs, general drivers style etc ...