Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Queues at Superchargers along I-5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll be driving from Los Angeles to the Bay Area on Friday, and making the return trip on Sunday. First time doing this in a Tesla, so just wondering how long I can expect to be queueing (as opposed to charging) at Superchargers.

If I haven't missed one, I believe the Superchargers along the route are: Burbank, Tejon Ranch, Buttonwillow, Harris Ranch and Gilroy. My initial plan is to only use the last three, as I should be able to make it to Buttonwillow on an initial charge.

Should I expect substantial queues for Superchargers at any of these? If so, what time of day (besides, you know, 2 AM) are they busiest/lightest? My departure/arrival times both ways are fairly flexible, so the ideal is to spend as little time waiting for a Supercharger to open up so I can charge/grab food. Thanks!

I drove through the Buttonwillow charger about 3 weeks ago in my ICE (truck). There was one X there on my way to LA and all chargers were empty on my way back north. I went down on a Sunday mid day. Returned on a Tuesday late afternoon. I'll be heading down to LA in my MS tomorrow. And returning on Monday. I guess we'll both find out if my experience from a few weeks ago is "normal".