Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick 220/240 for sale 14-50 plug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all. I built this as just a fun project. It works great and has push button breakers. I also added a 240v LED display that shows current voltage. I've got a whopping $60 in it so I'll sell it for the Low low price of 59.99 + shipping.
I get about 11+ mph charge rate using this @15 Amps.
Great for trips when you don't have access to 240v.
Screenshot_20191202-082049_Photos.jpg

Looks like a homebrew version of a Quick220. If so, $60 is a good deal since those normally run over $200. Saves you the need to buy a 6-15 adapter as well if you already have a 14-50. I'd pick this up myself if I had a need for it.

Really? What other device does the quick charger have other than a push breaker?
Protective interlock relays that keep the output wires unpowered until both input legs are correctly powered up. Otherwise there is a risk of electrocution when one is plugged in and the other is not. Same reason that 240V 2-pole circuits require two-pole breakers to disconnect both hot legs rather than just one (which would effectively stop current from flowing the expected way, but not necessarily in unexpected ways). Which reminds me, yours not having a 2-pole circuit breaker is also a safety hazard.

Protective interlock relays that keep the output wires unpowered until both input legs are correctly powered up. Otherwise there is a risk of electrocution when one is plugged in and the other is not. Same reason that 240V 2-pole circuits require two-pole breakers to disconnect both hot legs rather than just one (which would effectively stop current from flowing the expected way, but not necessarily in unexpected ways). Which reminds me, yours not having a 2-pole circuit breaker is also a safety hazard.
Yeah, I have a DPST relay, so if one breaker pops its dead.

Its sold!