Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick Delivery Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day one reservation holder, who finally decided to place an order this past Sunday for a Blue RWD Model 3 with EAP and 18" wheels, which an estimated delivery date of 4 weeks. I know that they have really been working to get the RWD models pushed out, but was quite surprised to get a text a few moments ago that my Model 3 was ready for delivery as early as Thursday!

Unfortunately, I am out of town until the beginning of October so the VIN had to be released and the Inside Delivery Advisor will be ordering another one for me at the beginning of the month. So far, the experience has been pleasant. Hope, things continue going that way throughout the delivery process.

shows how many RWD's sitting across the county waiting for a new owner.. how sad and ridiculous when 15-20K folks waiting for AWD delivery. Hope the VIN is not from March/Apr timeframe. I bet the same car will be waiting for you to come back in early Oct.

So clearly Tesla didn't built for order instead did a mass production per their wish and parts availability. sounds like very poor planning contributing to all kinds of hell.

Day one reservation holder, who finally decided to place an order this past Sunday for a Blue RWD Model 3 with EAP and 18" wheels, which an estimated delivery date of 4 weeks. I know that they have really been working to get the RWD models pushed out, but was quite surprised to get a text a few moments ago that my Model 3 was ready for delivery as early as Thursday!

Unfortunately, I am out of town until the beginning of October so the VIN had to be released and the Inside Delivery Advisor will be ordering another one for me at the beginning of the month. So far, the experience has been pleasant. Hope, things continue going that way throughout the delivery process.
Did you get a VIN? I'm in Florida too...

I get 4 weeks if I build one now.

Last edited:
shows how many RWD's sitting across the county waiting for a new owner..

So clearly Tesla didn't built for order instead did a mass production per their wish and parts availability. sounds like very poor planning contributing to all kinds of hell.
My "loyalty advisor" kept insisting that the cars are built to order. I think that Tesla should show them as inventory vehicles, like S and X.

shows how many RWD's sitting across the county waiting for a new owner.. how sad and ridiculous when 15-20K folks waiting for AWD delivery. Hope the VIN is not from March/Apr timeframe. I bet the same car will be waiting for you to come back in early Oct.

Seems like their priority these days is RWD > P > AWD. Wonder why it's ordered that way. Maybe because RWD is easier/faster to build and P has the highest margins?