Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick part replacement: a little Tesla succes story.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A little succes story from me in spite of all the doom and gloom with regards to part supplies. One Saturday I noticed a 3cm hole in the plastic cover in the front bumper that houses the fog light in the more expensive models. I reported it via the app on Sunday, and part was replaced by two mobile techs the following Thursday. Included removing entire front bumper and all plastic trim north of the heat pump , including trunk storage.

All the works was done in 40 minutes and only cost £66.

I have a similar story. My daughter broke the sunshade clip on the passanger side. Tesla sent a ranger out to replace it in less than a week. I was charged £1.10 😁
You were ripped off I'm afraid! They replaced mine for free - actually, they replaced the whole passenger sun visor as they had whole unit with them and the clip was part of sun visor kit. I was happy to pay the 99p for the clip, but the £7.xx for delivery caused me to look at pickling it up from the 'local' SC. It was that call that they turned into a ranger visit without me asking,

As an aside, I think that the clip is a known failure point (it's a 5 second job to replace, one small screw) which is why I suspect they are replacing them as goodwill gesture - car had only been back from SC a few days so there may also have been a bit of uncertainty over how it broke - nothing we ever touch. So I hope you didn't give your daughter a hard time over it ;)

I believe they changed to using magnets instead of clips a couple of years ago. (Though I have to say the clips seem perfectly fine to me.)

The clip, and force from adjustment of visor, is supported by this little bit of plastic around the screw that can easily shear off. Not something visible.

99p part with £7.xx postage or whole new visor supplied/fitted free by ranger (or now £1.xx for mobile to supply and fit new clip). With inflation like that and cost of car depreciation, it won’t be long before it will be cheaper to buy a whole new car ;)

1680673909247.jpeg1680673716128.jpeg1680673973571.jpeg