Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick post refresh '16 90D range question-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First- I was fortunate enough to read some great advice on the forum- and as a result, I changed my display to percentage and I just don't think about miles. But, after 6 months of ownership, I decided to look into the range I was getting.

I've owned my 90D for about 6 months. I've put about 9,000 miles on it over the course of those 6 months. The car now has almost 39K miles. For the most part, I charge at home, and, I've never charged to 100%.

My rated range at 90% is showing 247 miles. I've read from a Tesla chart that the range when new 294 miles. If that was my actual baseline, my battery degradation would be in the ballpark of 6%.

With that said, I've done a ton of searches on this forum, and it doesn't sound most people showed a range of 294 on the first day of ownership.

So quick question- how does my range at 38K miles stack up with what most of you are experiencing? In advance, thank you!

My 90D is also a post refresh 2017. Mine is at 36k miles. Bought it 10k miles ago from someone who charged to 100% daily because of his 'long commute'.

I also have around 6-7% loss. My Typical (which is US Rated I believe) is 241miles at 90% and 270mi at 100%. Around 80,6kWh full pack with 76,6kWh usable is what CANbus info shows. I believe 90 packs are 85kWh with 81kWh usable when new so around 5,5% loss even though first owner abused it by charging to 100% daily.