Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

QuickJack experience on lowered car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone had issues using QuickJack and their lowered Model 3 or any car. Is there a minimum gap needed between the car's jack point and the top of the jack pad?

Seems the QuickJack would fit snug under my car's jack point and I'm trying to find out if there would be enough force/moment for the QuickJack to lift. The support team told me there needed to be 3 inch space in between but that didn't make sense to me as that would mean the car's ground clearance would need to be at least 7.5 inches (3 in height for the lift + 1.5 in for low profile jack pad + 3 in gap).

TIA

Wondering if anyone had issues using QuickJack and their lowered Model 3 or any car. Is there a minimum gap needed between the car's jack point and the top of the jack pad?

Seems the QuickJack would fit snug under my car's jack point and I'm trying to find out if there would be enough force/moment for the QuickJack to lift. The support team told me there needed to be 3 inch space in between but that didn't make sense to me as that would mean the car's ground clearance would need to be at least 7.5 inches (3 in height for the lift + 1.5 in for low profile jack pad + 3 in gap).

TIA
I’ve been using the QuickJack BL5000-EXT model for a few years on my lowered Model 3. I believe my particular QuickJack model has since been updated/replaced by the 5000TLX model, which is likely identical to mine in terms of overall dimensions… but you should contact/ask QuickJack to be sure.

I have MPP comfort coilovers installed, which has lowered my vehicle by about 1.5” compared to stock. Once my QuickJack is underneath the vehicle, I have about 3.5” clearance between the bottom of the vehicle and the recessed lifting platform on the QuickJack. Just enough room for me to insert some type of rubber block as a cushion between the jack and vehicle.
Great product and it continues to serve me well (on both my Model 3 and Y).

Good luck!!

Edit: Posts are meaningless without pics, so attached is one for good measure. My QuickJack is hanging on the back/far wall (and circled in blue). :cool:

IMG_7931.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: oogzm3p