Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Racism issues at the Tesla plant

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was raised on a farm and lived on one as recently as 10 years ago. I scored 1475 at age 14 back when the test was harder. I'm not Donald Trump nor Hillary Clinton, but I bet in private Hillary is far more bigoted than Trump. DNC members think of blacks as being different and in need of more government. Not in a good way. The rest of us don't worry so much about if somebody is orange, brown, or green. My family Thanksgiving was like usual this year; it looked like a UN session.

Hanging is not used in Mississippi. Only Delaware, New Hampshire, and Washington use hanging as capital punishment. We killed Nazis by hanging though.

Apparently your definition of bigot and mine do not agree. I see a bigot as somebody who acts bigoted. You define bigotry as sounding bigoted. Most of the DNC cannot tell the difference between actions and words, so it's completely understandable. I blame the schools.

You are aware everything you said above is totally irrelevant to the issue at hand right? Please tell me you're putting your outstanding SAT scores to work and can realize that.

• Disagree
Reactions: Eclectic
Having been lived and worked in this area for most of my life, including a plant just miles from the Tesla Fremont plant, this rampant racism described in the article is just too weird to be believe. Not to mention stories like those would have been all over the place in the local media and companies allow that to happen taken harsh criticizing. I'm sure there is more to those stories. People could have their own different agenda. UAW for example had been trying very hard to stir the water to attack Tesla. Not saying racism does not exist in this country, it does, but I find that Tesla tolerates or even somehow encourages that is just very hard to believe.

Reactions: McRatToo
Just so we stay on topic, this thread is about bigotry in the perhaps the most ultra-liberal DNC stronghold in the USA. Not Mississippi. So it's not rural pickup-drivin' white trash. It's the Perfect World of Pelosi Vineyards.

Actually, just decided I'm not going to let you off the hook here. Please do not change the topic on me. We're not discussing whether or not racism exists to some degree in California. We're discussing whether or not rural people are more likely to be racists than urbanites. So in that vein, I presented to you a clearly racist example of rural white people voting overwhelmingly for an overtly racist candidate. I'm so nice I'll even give you another. Representative Steve King, from Iowa. In addition to fraternizing with overtly racist European political parties, he once claimed "We can't restore our civilization with somebody else's babies". He has been representing Iowa for 15 years now.
Steve King - Wikipedia

Would you like more examples? I don't see ppl like this being elected in upstate New York, they elect non-racist Republicans for the most part. So please stick to the facts. If you're going to say Hillary is bigoted, please provide examples. Aside from that, please answer my examples, and do not mention anything without backing it up. If you don't want ppl to think ppl in rural areas are hicks, don't act like it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. J
Anyone who thinks rural folk are more racist than urban folk clearly has no idea what he is talking about. I grew up in the Bay Area and now live in Montana. Racism is rampant in the Bay Area and isolated in the rural areas I've lived (and I have a farm in rural Alabama). I'm not white.

You want to see racism in politics? Take a look at the Democrats and how the cling to people like Farrakhan, Sharpton and all the other non-white racists. I guess if you start with the ridiculous claim that non-whites can't be racist you've already foreclosed the reality that racism exists across the spectrum.

This thread started as a blatantly bigoted screed against rural white people and has no place in a forum devoted to discussions about Tesla.

Anyone who thinks rural folk are more racist than urban folk clearly has no idea what he is talking about. I grew up in the Bay Area and now live in Montana. Racism is rampant in the Bay Area and isolated in the rural areas I've lived (and I have a farm in rural Alabama). I'm not white.

You want to see racism in politics? Take a look at the Democrats and how the cling to people like Farrakhan, Sharpton and all the other non-white racists. I guess if you start with the ridiculous claim that non-whites can't be racist you've already foreclosed the reality that racism exists across the spectrum.

This thread started as a blatantly bigoted screed against rural white people and has no place in a forum devoted to discussions about Tesla.

You do realize that's a rant right? If you want to call out Farrakhan & Sharpton, pls give examples of their racism, and give examples of politicians you think are tied to them and why. Beyond all of that, neither of those two are elected officials. Ppl have never elected them to do anything. So.... I'm talking about clearly overtly racist people being elected by a strong majority of white ppl.

oh, and try to address the two examples I gave while you're at it.

Reactions: Kichwas
Urbanized states are often scoring worse in standardized testing regardless of demographic group. So I don't sway anyone's perspective, just type in Average SAT Scores by State.
I just wanted to point out that this is one area where statistics can be misleading.

The state with the highest SAT average is a Midwest state. But, it only had 4% of eligible seniors taking the test. Basically it was a very narrow self-selecting group that carried the scores for that state. Coming in behind them were a number of Midwest and Southern states that are likely to be classified as rural with only single digit participation. Yes, if only your best and brightest students who are trying to get into major universities take the test, your scores are going to be very high.

Most of the 100% mandatory states scored very average because the average non-self-selecting student is, well, average.

California and New York, while not being one of the mandatory states, had well over half of their populations taking the SAT and so the averages were not in the top "state averages".

[Updating]
To be clear, the top 17 states by average SAT score all had <= 10% participation including Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Montana, Utah, Tennessee, Mississippi, South Dakota, Kentucky, Nebraska, Wyoming, Missouri, Iowa, Kansas, North Dakota, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. The main thing these rural states have in common is low participation in the SAT. You can't extrapolate average education levels from a self-selecting sample of 10% or lower.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Dr. J and McRatToo

Horseshit. I grew up in rural white America, my hometown is 900 people, and I can PROMISE you they are far more racist and bigoted than any urban folk I've ever encountered. It's so far from not even close that I'm simply confused by your statement in general. Perhaps Montana is different but I doubt it...

The reality is rural voters are less educated, and tend to be more religious, both of which work hand in hand to create the kind of voters that think President Treason was a good idea. When Trump said he loves the poorly educated, he wasn't joking.

Lastly, don't confuse racism with equality. Non-white racists? LOL... I literally laughed when I read that... Just wow...

Jeff

You do realize that's a rant right? If you want to call out Farrakhan & Sharpton, pls give examples of their racism, and give examples of politicians you think are tied to them and why. Beyond all of that, neither of those two are elected officials. Ppl have never elected them to do anything. So.... I'm talking about clearly overtly racist people being elected by a strong majority of white ppl.

oh, and try to address the two examples I gave while you're at it.

No thanks. Like I said, this thread is a prime example of urban bigotry and I have no interest in encouraging you to continue posting. Goodbye.

Actually, just decided I'm not going to let you off the hook here. Please do not change the topic on me. We're not discussing whether or not racism exists to some degree in California. We're discussing whether or not rural people are more likely to be racists than urbanites. So in that vein, I presented to you a clearly racist example of rural white people voting overwhelmingly for an overtly racist candidate. I'm so nice I'll even give you another. Representative Steve King, from Iowa. In addition to fraternizing with overtly racist European political parties, he once claimed "We can't restore our civilization with somebody else's babies". He has been representing Iowa for 15 years now.
Steve King - Wikipedia

Would you like more examples? I don't see ppl like this being elected in upstate New York, they elect non-racist Republicans for the most part. So please stick to the facts. If you're going to say Hillary is bigoted, please provide examples. Aside from that, please answer my examples, and do not mention anything without backing it up. If you don't want ppl to think ppl in rural areas are hicks, don't act like it.

Is it true? I have no idea but she has certainly been accused of racism

I just wanted to point out that this is one area where statistics can be misleading.

The state with the highest SAT average is a Midwest state. But, it only had 4% of eligible seniors taking the test. Basically it was a very narrow self-selecting group that carried the scores for that state. Coming in behind them were a number of Midwest and Southern states that are likely to be classified as rural with only single digit participation. Yes, if only your best and brightest students who are trying to get into major universities take the test, your scores are going to be very high.

Most of the 100% mandatory states scored very average because the average non-self-selecting student is, well, average.

California and New York, while not being one of the mandatory states, had well over half of their populations taking the SAT and so the averages were not in the top "state averages".

[Updating]
To be clear, the top 17 states by average SAT score all had <= 10% participation including Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Montana, Utah, Tennessee, Mississippi, South Dakota, Kentucky, Nebraska, Wyoming, Missouri, Iowa, Kansas, North Dakota, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. The main thing these rural states have in common is low participation in the SAT. You can't extrapolate average education levels from a self-selecting sample of 10% or lower.

Great job figuring that out or many could be fooled by that. Your point is clearly supported by college attainment data. That data better reflects each state's educational level too.

State % College Rank
Massachusetts 40.5% 1
Colorado 38.1% 2
Maryland 37.9% 3
Connecticut 37.6% 4
New Jersey 36.8% 5
Virginia 36.3% 6
Vermont 36.0% 7
New Hampshire 34.9% 8
New York 34.2% 9
Minnesota 33.7% 10
Washington 32.9% 11
Illinois 32.3% 12
Rhode Island 31.9% 13
California 31.4% 14
Utah 31.1% 15
Kansas 31.0% 16
Hawaii 30.8% 17
Oregon 30.8% 17
Delaware 30.0% 19
United States 29.8%
Texas 29.5% 20
Nebraska 29.3% 21
Maine 29.0% 22
Georgia 28.8% 23
Pennsylvania 28.6% 24
North Carolina 28.4% 25
Alaska 28.0% 26
Ohio 27.8% 27
North Dakota 27.7% 28
Wisconsin 27.6% 29
Arizona 27.5% 30
Florida 27.3% 31
Missouri 27.1% 32
South Dakota 27.0% 33
Michigan 26.9% 34
Iowa 26.7% 35
New Mexico 26.3% 36
Idaho 25.9% 38
South Carolina 25.8% 39
Wyoming 25.7% 40
Montana 24.9% 41
Indiana 24.1% 42
Oklahoma 24.1% 42
Alabama 23.5% 44
Nevada 23.0% 45
Louisiana 22.5% 46
Kentucky 22.3% 47
Arkansas 21.1% 48
Mississippi 20.7% 49
West Virginia 19.2% 50

Last edited:
Horseshit. I grew up in rural white America, my hometown is 900 people, and I can PROMISE you they are far more racist and bigoted than any urban folk I've ever encountered. It's so far from not even close that I'm simply confused by your statement in general. Perhaps Montana is different but I doubt it...

The reality is rural voters are less educated, and tend to be more religious, both of which work hand in hand to create the kind of voters that think President Treason was a good idea. When Trump said he loves the poorly educated, he wasn't joking.

Lastly, don't confuse racism with equality. Non-white racists? LOL... I literally laughed when I read that... Just wow...

Jeff

Absolutely. Racism is one thing, that's human nature we can't totally avoid (although we should), but discrimination is a different thing. Only people who have power are in position to hurt others when they discriminate.

Last edited: