Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radar, Laser Jammer, and Parking Sensor control box in cubby ; sensors in nose cone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, another, "I gotta ask" moment...
I've often thought about getting a jammer, and while in an urban setting it would likely be safe/inconspicuous in defense of your vehicle. However, in a rural drive, what happens if a Sherriff points a laser at your car, and you're the only car on the road, and his radar throws an error?

A laser shifter generally will prevent a lock by the laser gun for a few seconds, which can be normal, especially on a slippery car, then it turns off assuming that the driver has reacted to the warning and slowed to a more normal pace, whereupon the laser gun locks on and gives a more legal speed.

Curious why you did not choose either the Laser Interceptors or the 9500Ci.

The reviews I read gave the Blinders very high marks, plus the Blinder jammers are much smaller, ideal for mounting on the nose cone.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm gonna get this done soon too. I was pulled over and was ticketed for no front plate and speeding. GRRRR

Maryland just changed its law regarding front plates. If you get pulled over and claim that the manufacturer didn't provide a mount, you just have to show you have the plate and you're off the hook.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, love your parking sensor setup! Looking forward to seeing how you route wires to the cabin. I maybe doing this too.

Check this thread for the wiring route.