Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radio broken

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My radio hasn’t been working for the longest time. I don’t know exactly when it stopped working, since I never use the radio, but it’s something that’s nice to have and it’s somewhat disturbing that it doesn’t work. I’ve heard other M3 owners have had the same problem and was wondering how they got it fixed, and how much it cost. I sent a service request through the app and they estimated a nearly $800 bill to fix, and it just feels wrong, since it should be covered under the warranty (right?) I’ve already tried a soft reboot and a hard reboot, but it doesn’t seem to be working.

Yes, I am sorry, I don't have an explanation for it. But the advice has paid off a couple of times for folks.

We've been told that they almost permanent extra files some flash drive manufacturers put on their drives to assist with backup or other things interfere with the car. And some flash drives have a booter and it too interferes with the car's boot process.

Sometimes these seemingly insignificant ideas pay off. The satisfaction is that it cost nothing to try and don't even have to go in to the SC to test it.

My radio hasn’t been working for the longest time. I don’t know exactly when it stopped working, since I never use the radio, but it’s something that’s nice to have and it’s somewhat disturbing that it doesn’t work. I’ve heard other M3 owners have had the same problem and was wondering how they got it fixed, and how much it cost. I sent a service request through the app and they estimated a nearly $800 bill to fix, and it just feels wrong, since it should be covered under the warranty (right?) I’ve already tried a soft reboot and a hard reboot, but it doesn’t seem to be working.

And if you're under the 4 year warranty, it most likely will be covered. They always send you an estimate just so you know. They haven't looked at it yet.

Reactions: Akikiki
It seemed like a good idea; I tried to remove my USB drive and did a full reboot but it still didn’t work. I’m probably going to wait until Tesla service centers open back up and I’ll take it in to have it checked in person. No way I’m risking an $800 fix for this

If your car is still under warranty, they are not going to charge you. You must be unfamiliar with their normal process. When we open a work ticket and they punch up the ticket, they popular the issue, it adds and estimate for costs, and they send it. Doesn't flag it as a warranty issue or not. If you are under warranty, they will zero the cost out. You can confirm before they start, but they will be up front with you.