Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 GPS, camera, sensor and autopilot failure

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Rhodsy42

Nov 8, 2023
uk
Hi all, has anyone had an issue with their M3 where all of a sudden (parked away from home) the location freezes, gps doesn’t work, all cameras are offline and sensors not work? I tried a soft reboot with no success. I’ve contacted Tesla support who initially tried a remote fix that didn’t work, now I need to take it in. The Estimate for the fix is £2076 which seems outrageous. Suspiciously my 4 year warranty expired just a few weeks ago 🤔

Hi all, has anyone had an issue with their M3 where all of a sudden (parked away from home) the location freezes, gps doesn’t work, all cameras are offline and sensors not work? I tried a soft reboot with no success. I’ve contacted Tesla support who initially tried a remote fix that didn’t work, now I need to take it in. The Estimate for the fix is £2076 which seems outrageous. Suspiciously my 4 year warranty expired just a few weeks ago 🤔
Yes, several threads regarding this issue. Replacing computer did not fix the issue for me. Software updates helped for a few days, then issues returned. Will see if latest update does the trick.

Yes, this just happened to me yesterday with my 2023 Model Y. GPS freeze. I rebooted several times and powered off and on with no success. I have an appointment scheduled. It worked fine until the moment it stopped.