Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radio upon exiting the car

MOBB

Sep 18, 2019
Bedfordshire
Is there a setting for this?

It’s odd enough exiting the car with the stereo still playing, but this morning I opened the back door to put my dogs in their cage, stereo started. Shut the door, it stopped, open the other rear door and it starts again. Passenger gets in, yep starts again.

Is there a setting to mute stereo on exit? If not there should be :)

JulienW

Jul 7, 2018
Atlanta
No setting but if it bothers you press the left steering wheel button when you put in Park.

Also it is attenuated significantly when you open any door.

Airgetlam

Sep 4, 2018
Austin, TX
I’m actually looking for the same answer. I listen to podcasts via Bluetooth, and when I open up the rear doors, the podcasts continue at low volume, while I’m emptying the back seat. So I miss a minimum of 30 seconds, and possibly more depending on how long the door is open.

Airgetlam

Sep 4, 2018
Austin, TX
And, after a moment's testing, I'd suggest that the verbiage in the manual is incorrect, it's not a "mute" function, at least for the bluetooth connection, it is actually a "pause" causing the player on my iPhone to pause, not mute. Which is good.

Jul 15, 2019
Cincinnati
so just to expand on this for OP's sake - this is only true with "streaming radio" services built in to the car. it does not buffer/save your position in the song and will restart the song each time you "start" the car/interface. so if closing all doors turns off the interface, opening another one will restart the song.

if you are streaming from your device (phone), the playback will normally pause (depending on the app) once the connection has disconnected. this is true if you have headphones (BT or wired) as well.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC