Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Radio upon exiting the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a setting for this?

It’s odd enough exiting the car with the stereo still playing, but this morning I opened the back door to put my dogs in their cage, stereo started. Shut the door, it stopped, open the other rear door and it starts again. Passenger gets in, yep starts again.

Is there a setting to mute stereo on exit? If not there should be :)

I’m actually looking for the same answer. I listen to podcasts via Bluetooth, and when I open up the rear doors, the podcasts continue at low volume, while I’m emptying the back seat. So I miss a minimum of 30 seconds, and possibly more depending on how long the door is open.

And, after a moment's testing, I'd suggest that the verbiage in the manual is incorrect, it's not a "mute" function, at least for the bluetooth connection, it is actually a "pause" causing the player on my iPhone to pause, not mute. Which is good.

so just to expand on this for OP's sake - this is only true with "streaming radio" services built in to the car. it does not buffer/save your position in the song and will restart the song each time you "start" the car/interface. so if closing all doors turns off the interface, opening another one will restart the song.

if you are streaming from your device (phone), the playback will normally pause (depending on the app) once the connection has disconnected. this is true if you have headphones (BT or wired) as well.