Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh NC SC is terrible

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can no longer recommend Tesla vehicles to anyone due to the horrible service! If the Raleigh, NC service center is indicative of Tesla service overall then I cannot see Tesla continuing their current rate of vehicle sales. I am on my 2nd Tesla vehicle (2020 MS and 2022 MXP). The service there is so abysmal that I am forced to live with defects that were there at deliver.

That service center is notorious for being terrible. I use to try to go them them since there were a new location and in-laws live close by there but decided to head back to the Richmond location.

Raleigh NC Service has very inexperienced Service reps who talk out their rear and act like their in charge. I had very terrible visits with them.

Reactions: unctarheels
I just had my car in for the fifth time for a TPMS warning light. Service rep suggested I sell my car for parts and buy a new one as a long term solution.

The service reps at Raleigh are either under trained or under supervised. However they run the place. I wish I could simply just talk to the tech. Set your expectations low Raleigh service reps will work hard to not meet it.

I just had my car in for the fifth time for a TPMS warning light. Service rep suggested I sell my car for parts and buy a new one as a long term solution.

The service reps at Raleigh are either under trained or under supervised. However they run the place. I wish I could simply just talk to the tech. Set your expectations low Raleigh service reps will work hard to not meet it.
What was the convo before that comment was made?

Back when they were located on Westgate, they were understaffed and under-resourced but they did their best. Since moving to Glenwood, they simply don't care about servicing the cars. Tesla exists to sell new cars. They should be ashamed to call themselves 'service' centers.

Was going to open a new thread but found this one. Kudos to the Raleigh service center. My pick up experience was very good on March 8th. I did notice a misaligned panel and they advised me to open a shop ticket even though they thought it was minor. Today, March 23rd, I visited again for my shop ticket. No one questioned my judgement about the misaligned panel. They simple fixed it without question. My service advisor was friendly and walked me through the process. BTW, they can locate your car in the very busy lot and drive it without your phone key or NFC key. And they geofence you to determine when you arrive. A little spooky, but honestly it makes the transaction easier.

Was going to open a new thread but found this one. Kudos to the Raleigh service center. My pick up experience was very good on March 8th. I did notice a misaligned panel and they advised me to open a shop ticket even though they thought it was minor. Today, March 23rd, I visited again for my shop ticket. No one questioned my judgement about the misaligned panel. They simple fixed it without question. My service advisor was friendly and walked me through the process. BTW, they can locate your car in the very busy lot and drive it without your phone key or NFC key. And they geofence you to determine when you arrive. A little spooky, but honestly it makes the transaction easier.
That was an easy issue. Just wait until something more complicated comes up (and it will).

I picked up my 22 MS from this location.

Folks were friendly enough.

I had my 4 page checklist. They said fine but I was told that they had their own checklist too and implied unnecessary for me to check behind them.

They ended up scavenging my rear space divider from another MS on the lot, and had to send me my floor mats in the mail. Fortunately I had brought my all weather mats with me to the dealership so not having my floor mats at pickup was no big deal.

There are definitely bizarre things about buying a Tesla like having to bring a checklist in the first place when purchasing a 6-figure car. But c’est la vie.