Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh (Non) Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wasnt sure if you had to pay VA taxes and NC taxes?

We live in VA and purchased in NC - only paid VA taxes, but ended up with NC temp tags. Temp registration has the correct address. Tesla didn't bat an eye when we chose to pick up in a state other than our "home" state. (Quotes, b/c I'm originally from NC - so it'll always be home)

@diamond.g - I wish front plates were optional here!

Reactions: diamond.g
@AJ_JAIN @Ozymandius @favo
Any updates on your cars? I emailed my IDA yesterday and today decided to call Mike. Got Ben who said my car is in charlotte and he would talk to Mike about a new date......no word back from either the IDA or Ben/Mike.
Or anyone else that has had their reservation canceled and waiting for delivery
I know my car is now in Raleigh, after hassles mentioned in prior posts. Waiting for inspection and delivery date.

I'm being taunted now BTW.

On the drive home from work today I was behind a brand new Model 3 with 30 day temp tags (red).

Then I pulled into a grocery store and in the lot was... a different brand new Model 3 with 30 day temp tags (silver).

Reactions: srharris22
I know my car is now in Raleigh, after hassles mentioned in prior posts. Waiting for inspection and delivery date.
@jmmdownhil beinh lazy, but with whom have you been dealing lately. To know it’s in raleigh but still not have delivery date makes no sense to me.
They can’t have that many cars so why can’t they give you a date.
PS they have had my X for 10 days to replace a seat, windshield and swap rims..... killing me, but means my X Is taking a stall which they might use for prep/inspection

@jmmdownhil beinh lazy, but with whom have you been dealing lately. To know it’s in raleigh but still not have delivery date makes no sense to me.
They can’t have that many cars so why can’t they give you a date.
PS they have had my X for 10 days to replace a seat, windshield and swap rims..... killing me, but means my X Is taking a stall which they might use for prep/inspection
I agree. This would not be an issue for a “normal dealership”, which Tesla-Raleigh is not ( nor is any other Tesla ‘store’ ). Car arrives, customer is notified, gets prepped, gets delivered ASAP. This will be car no. 28 for me so I have some experience with car acquisition. I believe they are trying to deliver more cars than they are capable of doing. Add to that the storage debacle and the result is customers having to put up with hassles to get delivery of a +$50K car. Plus the facility is probably completely inadequate. I’m in a position to be patient, but if the Tesla organization doesn’t get the delivery process fixed for the long term the normal car buyer is not going to put up with this s..t.
It might be a great car (I hope!), but if it can’t be delivered ‘hassle free’, then the quality of the car won’t matter.

Reactions: srharris22
@jmmdownhil you want pics of your car? I’m probably headed to raleigh store this weekend to get my X
@srharris22, thanks for the offer but that won’t be necessary. I had to be in Brier Creek this afternoon so stopped at the sales office and talked to Mike. I saw my car and it has been inspected - no problems. I also did a quick walk around and saw no issues. Just needs some buff out on paint and clean up, which will be done tomorrow morning. So I will pick it up sometime tomorrow!

That’s awesome man! Long road for you! I’m jealous. I never heard back from my one call this week but I didn’t get Mike, I got someone that was gonna check with Mike.....
Based on Favo’s Comment I’m going to check Monday night to see if mine arrived in Raleigh.

20180825_135646.jpg
@srharris22, thanks for the offer but that won’t be necessary. I had to be in Brier Creek this afternoon so stopped at the sales office and talked to Mike. I saw my car and it has been inspected - no problems. I also did a quick walk around and saw no issues. Just needs some buff out on paint and clean up, which will be done tomorrow morning. So I will pick it up sometime tomorrow!
Finally got the car today! Great help from Mike (del. mgr.) and Drew. Now need some serious seat time.

Unfortunately, the Raleigh storage problems are far from over. Will probably be many more cancellations before the problem is resolved. The delivery guys who have to communicate the bad news are the messengers, and for the most part are not the problem solvers.There supposedly is another local storage solution in the works plus a long term sales/service site solution. When? Who knows.

• Love
Reactions: srharris22 and favo
View attachment 328995
Finally got the car today! Great help from Mike (del. mgr.) and Drew. Now need some serious seat time.

Unfortunately, the Raleigh storage problems are far from over. Will probably be many more cancellations before the problem is resolved. The delivery guys who have to communicate the bad news are the messengers, and for the most part are not the problem solvers.There supposedly is another local storage solution in the works plus a long term sales/service site solution. When? Who knows.
CONGRATS!!!! I’m very jealous but happy for you that it finally happened!
On a personal note finally got in touch with Mike when he emailed me after I dropped in Saturday (picking up our X from SC)
I offered to do a Charlotte pick up on 9/8 if my car wouldn’t be here sooner and he responded on checking if he couldn’t get it here faster, but would be in touch as could work that out possibly.

• Informative
Reactions: jmmdownhil