Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ran Over a Curb...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
correct. cracked rocker panel plastic covers are ~$200 / cover from the SC and you can install yourself. the dented actual rocker panel is metal and part of the entire frame. dumb design and cost prohibitive to fix in most cases imho.
Do you have one you recommend to cover it up? That is probably going to be my best bet for right now! I live about 2 hours from the closest service center.🙃

I did much worse than that:
IMG_8365.jpeg

Several years ago, so prices have increased, but that cost me about $1300 to fix.
by default 2021-05-26 at 1.43.56 PM.jpg

But if your shop is more expensive, then you can buy an aero kit and just cover it up!
by default 2021-05-26 at 1.54.59 PM.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
Is it really that expensive? I'm very surprised that much goes into it....
I had mine fixed for just over $2,200 at a Tesla Body Shop in Bellevue, WA, and that included replacement of a 20" wheel ($750) due to a small scuff on the rim. That price is about three years old though, so I would imagine it's higher now. And keep in mind this was an actual Tesla body shop, not an "approved" Tesla body shop. The "Tesla approved" body shop in Bellevue gave me an estimate of over $13k for the work. There is a limit to what the Tesla body shop could do though, but a bent rocker panel was within their scope of work and it was done beautifully. Makes me wonder is they still exist with all the recent cutbacks by Elon.