Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FINALLY saw my first Model S in the wild today. Tysons Corner, VA on Westpark Drive at around 8am. It was either blue or black, couldn't tell. 19" wheels. "Tesla - No Emissions" tag on still.

kinda sux cuz i wanted to already be driving MY Model S by the time I saw my first other one on the road. oh well. i'll add that to my list of things that are in no way actual problems.

First spotting in Indianapolis (that I know of)

Dave's Model S parked in my office parking garage while on business in Indianapolis. I had a buzz just looking at it sitting there this morning...absolutely stunning car! I can't wait to have mine parked in that spot in a couple week!

When I took this pic, the late morning office crowd was pulling in and you should have seen the heads turning when THIS greeted them right after the ticket gate! Pretty sure one has not yet been seen in Indianapolis...until now. Thanks dave!!!

- - - Updated - - -

If you're curious...that is a Think! City EV next to the S. Filed chapter 11 shortly after we started making them here in Indiana...

Attachments

• IMG_1141.jpg
    IMG_1141.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 876
Dave's Model S parked in my office parking garage while on business in Indianapolis. I had a buzz just looking at it sitting there this morning...absolutely stunning car! I can't wait to have mine parked in that spot in a couple week!

When I took this pic, the late morning office crowd was pulling in and you should have seen the heads turning when THIS greeted them right after the ticket gate! Pretty sure one has not yet been seen in Indianapolis...until now. Thanks dave!!!

- - - Updated - - -

If you're curious...that is a Think! City EV next to the S. Filed chapter 11 shortly after we started making them here in Indiana...

This does show one problem I've noticed about many EV parking spots- too short for Teslas. They seem to be designed for Leafs or other small EV's.

Thanks for keeping an eye on her. Took a taxi to work because I didn't want to take her our in the snow with summer tires. I couldn't bear to leave her at home the day after I got her though. I may be here until spring. :)

This does show one problem I've noticed about many EV parking spots- too short for Teslas. They seem to be designed for Leafs or other small EV's.

Wow! That is sort of funny and sort of not. I guess the only public stations I've charged at were the Milford, CT SuperCharger and Westport, CT train station, and both are basically just parking spaces of normal dimensions.

Had my first friendly encounter with a fellow Model S owner driving a Sig Red. It was brief as we crossed each other this morning on N California Ave, Palo Alto near my son's school.

There were friendly waves all the same; couldn't recall what Tesla salute we had worked out here on TMC :)

I think it wasn't really resolved. I like the single hazard blink, but could be confused with at blinker as half the car may not be visible.

Model S Salute