Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2013-04-22 13.34.28.jpg

Tesla with Diamondhead in the background

Hello :) Just a fan from the Philippines who made sure he wouldn't pass up a chance to take some pics of Model S's as soon as he got to the US. I've been lurking around this site a lot and it's been great seeing all the raves and gripes. 'Been excited about this car and science innovation in general. Some pics random but most, not so much :p

Sightings:
a.) First one on the road: Black at Delaware Supercharger
6jm6o2.jpg

b.) First one on the streets: White at Santa Barbera (No picture, but I did scream the girly-screams of cliche-ness upon seeing the distinctive sloping features and panoramic roof.)

c.) First random Model S with picture, found at the Bay Area of San Francisco (I know some of you have locked out the Bay Area due to the multitudes of Model S's spotted over there but given that these pictures will likely be my sightings of the car until my return to the US, I'd like to think they're still awesome)
14iz82c.jpg

d.) And a sighting of my favorite color, Dolphin Grey, at downtown SF. It moved by so fast that I was in such a stupor to even take a picture.

Today's my last day in the US and I'm heading off to see the Endeavour shuttle at the CA Science Center. I hope there's a few Model S's--even at least one--within the downtown LA area that I can spot.

Two sightings to report:

1) Last Thursday(ish), a whole semi-truck carrier full of Model Esses (plural?)... 9 of em or so heading north on I495 in VA heading in to MD. Assuming they were aiming for the Rockvlle service center... so I assume that's the route mine will be taking in a few weeks. :)

Presumably this was in an open carrier or you wouldn't have seen them. Were they covered in some way? I keep hearing mixed reports of closed vs open carriers. I really don't want my car traveling cross country without any protection.

Tesla seen in La Jolla, California a few months ago, turning at the corner of Girard Ave and Pearl St. It is appropriate that this is where I spotted the car. Off-camera at the corner on the right is the Ferrari dealership; you can see at the corner on the left the Maserati dealership.

Note the car has LJ TESLA plates. Perhaps that owner is lurking in this forum? If so, hi neighbor!

IMG_7801.jpg

Tesla seen in La Jolla, California a few months ago, turning at the corner of Girard Ave and Pearl St. It is appropriate that this is where I spotted the car. Off-camera at the corner on the right is the Ferrari dealership; you can see at the corner on the left the Maserati dealership.

Note the car has LJ TESLA plates. Perhaps that owner is lurking in this forum? If so, hi neighbor!

View attachment 20942
Ok ... left turn signal (from right lane) or a brake "bulb" gone?

Welcome, and nice pics!

Thanks :) Two more sightings before leaving for home--all within the LA area and quite near each other which was a surprise.

This lovely brown one spotted at the parking lot, right outside the California Science Center, right next to where we parked. The guys who were with me didn't know the brand so I gave some Tesla Time, pretending I owned the car. If you're the owner of this car, no worries. No fingerprints were added.
30saqo0.jpg

And these two pics just as soon as we sped off the parking lot of the Science Center.
awaj4l.jpg

orrq0y.jpg

It'll be a long time before I get to have any sightings of a Model S again, so at least I can keep myself cozy with a shirt and keychain from Tesla. Hope they come to the Philippines some day :) A 265 mile range Tesla would be quite excessive over here due to island dimensions. Probably won't even need superchargers :smile:

No, brakes on, right blinker on, picture taken while it was blinked off.

Or the right turn signal caught in the off-cycle of a blink?

This is exactly why I like amber turn signals! No ambiguity.

On an on topic note I caught a white Model S, Georgia "MYTESLA" plates, going south on the west side perimeter (I-285) this morning. Between I-20 and Langford parkway. Sadly I was not in my Model S as you can tell.

WP_20130429_007.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20130429_006.jpg
    WP_20130429_006.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,462

I knew someone would ask about that. :)

To be honest, the driver was signaling right. Literally the second I took this photo, the green right-turn traffic light arrow went off, and so the traffic light was a solid red. The driver never stopped, just sailed on through making a right turn anyway. Welcome to La Jolla, where stop signs mean "go right ahead" and red lights mean "betcha can't stop can ya".