Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife has Canadian Model X Sig on order / configured. Probably won't see it until April.
We were hoping to see a Model X while we are here in Palm Springs.

We were just at the TESLA Store and the sales person said he's seen a Model X a number of times driving on EL Paseo.
Just thought I'd put up a post and through it out there ... If you're on TMC and you notice a blue FIAT 500e following you, you'll know why.:biggrin:

I have now seen five different Model X in person - all Signature cars. Every single one of them had terrible fit and finish issues. Trim incorrectly installed. Panels off center. Uneven body-gaps. Etc.

Was like that on the S too. At one point Elon mentioned that Toyota was teaching them the tricks of the trade and that they would work to get it as tight as physics would allow or something along those lines. Haven't examined recent S's, but if they accomplished it there, they'll probably accomplish it on the X as well.

With the first vehicles though, I'm unsure why they didn't go back to tweak since they were likely gone over manually.

Did you ask your local Service Center to correct your door alignment?
Car was in for that three times. They could get it to almost line up (maybe down to 2mm). Only then you couldn't close the door anymore unless you slammed it super hard. And after the third attempt I was told that they wouldn't attempt any more. I walked the foreman around the SC floor and had him look with me at every single car in there (about 20 at the time). Not a single one was anywhere near as bad as mine. He said "yes, I know. you are right. my hands are tied."
Water under the bridge. I love my car. But please no one claim that Tesla Model S in 2015 didn't have fit and finish issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Shut up, it does not :eek:

Really? Is that the level of conversation now when you don't like a fact that you read?

*shakes*head*

Car was in for that three times. They could get it to almost line up (maybe down to 2mm). Only then you couldn't close the door anymore unless you slammed it super hard. And after the third attempt I was told that they wouldn't attempt any more. I walked the foreman around the SC floor and had him look with me at every single car in there (about 20 at the time). Not a single one was anywhere near as bad as mine. He said "yes, I know. you are right. my hands are tied."
Water under the bridge. I love my car. But please no one claim that Tesla Model S in 2015 didn't have fit and finish issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Is that the level of conversation now when you don't like a fact that you read?

*shakes*head*

dirk. I'm pretty sure it was a joke...

- - - Updated - - -

*shakes*head*

Dirkhh - guess it doesn't matter at this point but you could have pointed it out during delivery and refused to take the vehicle until the remedied the problem

Dirkhh - guess it doesn't matter at this point but you could have pointed it out during delivery and refused to take the vehicle until the remedied the problem
I'm sorry to be guilty of more distraction from the actual topic... but between the rock chip in the front of my car from being unprotected on the transporter, the issues with the TACC not working correctly, the clicking noise in my seat, the annoying whine of my front motor, the request of my DS that I forge my wife's signature on the paperwork and the minor detail of Tesla's check with the reimbursement for the prepaid service contract of my trade-in bouncing... I missed the door issue until about two weeks later... silly me.
Yeah, let's just say that the delivery of my second Model S wasn't one of the highlights in my relationship with Tesla. Funnily enough everyone here is eager telling me that things will be perfect with the third one in March :)

Back on topic.. (via reddit)

nzgpbYm.jpg

The Tesla Club of New Mexico had its monthly meetup in Albuquerque yesterday, and the hit of the day was the arrival of one member's brand-new Model X. Surrounded by Model S's, the X definitely stood out. Always interesting how cars look more interesting up close in person, and you discover things that the pictures never showed.

Several more X's are either arrived or on their way this month in New Mexico!

tcnm-20160117-a.png

tcnm-20160117-b.png

tcnm-20160117-c.png

tcnm-20160117-d.png

tcnm-20160117-e.png

tcnm-20160117-f.png