Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 106137
Signature 026x spotted at Disneyland today
I set it at full height to make sure the Model X towered over the grocery getter cars assembled there. Actually it is sitting at full height because I did not want even the slightest chance of a scrape on the parking bumpers.

I debated plugging in, at Disneyland, since I had enough range to make it to my final destination. I decided to follow my normal routine. If the wheels are not turning the car should be charging. Ironically on the low power chargers it took seven hours for a full range charge. I arrived with over half my available range. So it worked out the car was full charge just in time to drive on and end the day just under 80% charge.

Just passed one of the service centers in NJ early morning. Saw 4 X's just unloaded from a truck still in wraps. The truck driver said he's been delivering a bunch of Teslas the past month.

Biggest difference from the S was the door handle. They no longer slide out from the door. You simple push on it and the door opens. I asked one of the techs how can someone yank open the door to rescue someone in an emergency. He said "there's a way to get around that" and didn't offer any more specifics. Tesla must have realized the S door handle is cool but a maintenance headache. But the lack of an exterior handle is concerning.

The interior looked much more luxurious than the S. There was suede trim on the dash and exotic looking wood on the middle armrest.

i was going to take more pics, but the Tesla people seemed annoyed that I was snooping around.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    782 KB · Views: 252
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    527.9 KB · Views: 221
Just passed one of the service centers in NJ early morning. Saw 4 X's just unloaded from a truck still in wraps. The truck driver said he's been delivering a bunch of Teslas the past month.

Biggest difference from the S was the door handle. They no longer slide out from the door. You simple push on it and the door opens. I asked one of the techs how can someone yank open the door to rescue someone in an emergency. He said "there's a way to get around that" and didn't offer any more specifics. Tesla must have realized the S door handle is cool but a maintenance headache. But the lack of an exterior handle is concerning.

The interior looked much more luxurious than the S. There was suede trim on the dash and exotic looking wood on the middle armrest.

i was going to take more pics, but the Tesla people seemed annoyed that I was snooping around.

Looks like Springfield ??????

At least 4 MX being prepped at the Seattle SC. (no VINs were harmed in this sighting)

IMG_4266.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4260.jpeg
    IMG_4260.jpeg
    60.6 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_4265.jpeg
    IMG_4265.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_4268.jpeg
    IMG_4268.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_4267.jpeg
    IMG_4267.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 197
Quite a few TMC members met up with Kittylitter in Redmond - and there are MANY pictures in that thread. But I actually then truly randomly ran into him again at the Centralia supercharger, so those pictures, I think, deserve to be posted here :)

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

The very low sun was making the iPhone's camera's life harder... But with a little post processing you can see the MC red / Sig red difference - and of course you can appreciate the relative sizes.

Scottsdale rocks the delivery world.

I was not camera ready for this delivery and missed the first part. Lights low, music blasting, cars under sheer covers and then the reveal as the covers slid back, the Falcon doors lifted, the lights came up and the balloons dropped. I am not sure who was more excited by the first deliveries the owners or the Service Center staff. It was a cool moment all around.

Well done Scottsdale SC team !

Last edited by a moderator:
That is AWESOME! It almost seems as if some SC's are trying to outdo each other in terms of presentations of the X to new owners (a.k.a. rock stars!).

Please tell me you got to drive over those balloons and pop them on the way out the door! :D Yes, I still play with bubble wrap....

Funny. I actually decided against the white, after having wanted white for 3+ years, for the exact reason that it looked too "storm trooper-ish". Not a bad thing, necessarily. But went with silver just to be safe. Still love the white. Hope I'm happy with my decision a year from now!!

captain-phasma_8f4ea1d7.jpeg

No safety where it comes to the First Order. They wear silver too now :eek:! At least for the group leader anyways.

Edit: I always thought white was terrible for trooper uniforms. Sticks out way too much. Reflective silver is even worse!!! Look out for those Rebels :eek: