Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Roadster Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a known "car" and Motorcycle spot off PCH. The Coffee Bean has a protected parking lot with a tiny play park and a car wash / detailer.

Clubs often stop for breakfast.
It's much more upscale than the further north "Neptune's Net".

Nobody can afford anything in any of those "Rodeo" style shops.I think the white building labeled "Legends" in the back used to be an exotic car dealership.

edit
Could be Kelsey Grammer's car.

Last edited:
Model S intro:
3388936069_6cbb44fcba.jpg

When I got home I kicked myself for not logging each car with it's vanity plate, SN#, color, and interior.

I think you hit on why I did not think to do it. It was kinda unfair.

If there is someone in the bushes releasing the birds for tourists to shoot, is that really hunting?

Roadsterslinedup.jpg

Is it just me, or does that picture above look like the Roadster owners are afraid to pull their cars close together? It reminds me of when I got my first car... I couldn't see a hood ornament so I didn't know where the front bumper was. I wonder if it's a similar feeling when trying to park a Roadster.

Is it just me, or does that picture above look like the Roadster owners are afraid to pull their cars close together? It reminds me of when I got my first car... I couldn't see a hood ornament so I didn't know where the front bumper was. I wonder if it's a similar feeling when trying to park a Roadster.

I parked my rental car (Prius) in that same parking lot earlier in the day, and the striping is for normal-sized cars, i.e., they're not "Compact" spaces that are increasingly common nowadays. Given that, the Roadster fits into one of those spaces with plenty of room to spare.

While a hood ornament might be useful to judge the front bumper location, it's one of those things that I "dialed in" quickly when parking my Roadster. I expect that all these owners were using similar ways to judge their parking space placement and ended up mostly centered in their slots, with lots of space around them.

Tesla's white and orange roadsters on the end closest to the SpaceX building are about 3 inches apart.

It was supposed to be valet but I noticed them just guiding in owners. Since they started at one end I would think after the the first few the rest naturally parked aligned to the car next to them as had been established.

Whoever was cruising their black roadster on Harps Mill in North Raleigh about gave me whiplash. :biggrin:

Quietly driving down my neighborhood and here comes a small black sports car. I muse, "Hey that looks a little like a Roadster, nice car."

The car passes by going the other way and I glimpse the profile out of the corner of my eye (too many hours browsing this site pay off) "That REALLY looks like a Roadster!"

Then as I see the "Tesla" lettering across the back of the car (in my rear view mirror) it was all I could muster to 1. keep my car on the road. 2. keep my head aimed forward.

To whomever that was, thank you! I never expected to see one "in the flesh".

Oh, my apologies to my fellow club members for not snapping photos.

During my lunchtime walk here in San Carlos, I saw four Tesla gliders in a parking lot.

I'm guessing that you meant to simply say "four Teslas in a parking lot." Your use of gliders sort of threw me, since that implies that there weren't any drivetrains, battery packs, etc. in them. I suppose Tesla could be running out of room at their Menlo Park location and have taken to parking Roadster gliders around town to alleviate overcrowding and as a form of advertising/promotion! :biggrin:

It is possible that they had to temporarily relocate some incoming inventory to make room for the Model S showing. The MP store and shop needed to be emptied out for the event.