Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Roadster Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
#1114 at the Claremont Hotel in Berkeley, anyone here? Purchased recently through the CPO program -

1114.jpg

My wife and I are in London UK on vacation (going on to Norway in a few days) and saw this nice "Signature 250" series Roadster on Exhibition Street at the Imperial College today. "Signature 250" is what was shown on the small plaque on the side of the car just ahead of the rear wheel. I thought only the first 100 Roadaters were "Signature" cars? Guess I was wrong!

ysy7y2ej.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ICON
My wife and I are in London UK on vacation (going on to Norway in a few days) and saw this nice "Signature 250" series Roadster on Exhibition Street at the Imperial College today. "Signature 250" is what was shown on the small plaque on the side of the car just ahead of the rear wheel. I thought only the first 100 Roadaters were "Signature" cars? Guess I was wrong!

Here's more on the European Signature #250 you posted in the above pic:

Dark green Roadster for sale in Lithuania

My guess is that they made some for the European market, possibly another 100? But if so wouldn't we see more up for sale as well as seeing them drive around on the street. As TEG mentioned in the link above there's no indication of that color being available for any of the European models.

I wish Tesla would have a page to publish this interesting data so we're more informed about its history.

- - - Updated - - -

From this link, you can rent a European Signature Series Roadster. They go on saying there's only 250 of these around in the world, so it appears if this is correct 100 Sigs went to the US market and 50 to the European market where the Sig #250 above was the last of the Signature series:
http://www.eliterent.com/en/rent-car/exceptional/tesla/tesla-signature-roadster/switzerland-7456

"The Tesla Signature Roadster - the first high-performance 100% electric supersport car features improvements in design and technology. Elite Rent-a-Car's Tesla is limited "Signature" edition, only 250 pieces of such a car exists on the world. Explore the new technology and breathtaking acceleration - from 0-100km/h within 2.9 seconds. Hire Tesla Signature Roadster in Switzerland with Elite Rent-a-Car!"

"The Tesla Signature Roadster - the first high-performance 100% electric supersport car features improvements in design and technology. Elite Rent-a-Car's Tesla is limited "Signature" edition, only 250 pieces of such a car exists on the world. Explore the new technology and breathtaking acceleration - from 0-100km/h within 2.9 seconds. Hire Tesla Signature Roadster in Switzerland with Elite Rent-a-Car!"

I want the Roadster that can do 0-100kph / 0-60mph in 2.9 seconds.

There's at least one Signature 250 in Hong Kong, and one in Singapore. I've driven both.:smile:

And here's a thread on a black European Signature 250 Series Roadster. This one is black on the outside. Here they mentioned "# 24 of 250", so what appears to be happening is that there may be confusion on interpretation. Possibly on the plaque it says 250 which is the Series, especially when there's so many duplicate 250's out there in different places. Truth will be in the VIN #. So it does appear there were 250 Sigs made the more I look into this.

2010 Tesla Roadster EU Signature 250

The first 100 Roadsters with normal VIN numbers (after the 27 Founders series cars that began with Elon's P1 and Martin's P2) were the Signature 100 series, all sold in the US. Mine is #33. These have a small plaque in front of the rear wheels that says "Signature 100" in script (unless he buyer chose not to have it). The Signature 250 is a separate series that was introduced for the start of EU sales. There were many more Roadsters delivered in the US after the first 100 before any EU deliveries began.

"Beating a dead horse" at this point, but there were two Signature series: 100 US Signature 100s, and 250 European Signature 250s.
The US ones came first, so all of the European signatures are later style cars.

On a side note, some places outside of North America and Europe got a mix of both production... For instance, Australia & Japan. I guess you might say that the North America production that ended up in those places was a bit "gray market". Basically I think some in Australia, Japan, Taiwain, etc, were too impatient to wait for European production to make it to them so they spent $ to get North American models imported in on their own.

Wait! I have a red roadster with black forged rims, and I've charged at the Williamsburg KOA!!! I recognize that place!

But that's not my car. I have a different charging setup, and was traveling with my black CF hard-top at the time. And that car looks like radiant red. Mine is fusion red. Still, a pretty close coincidence.

Spotted this roadster sport charging at the Williamsburg KOA

arenabu7.jpg

We were watching a rerun of "Modern Family" last night. Mitch and Cam were visiting a guy that lived on the Southern Californian coast. In his garage was a blue Roadster. The license plate was very visible. Checking the plate on the internet, it seems that this plate has been used by various cars in various tv shows and movies. Too bad the Roadster was not on the road.