Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range and charge level reduced

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

M1tch

2021 M3P with EAP
Nov 16, 2021
Gloucester, England
So, a few days ago, booked in for a service as I had this on the screen

5C581DB0-1A56-4F8D-9D54-B3089A1D59C6.jpeg

As the nearest SC is an hour away I stated I’d need a courtesy car if it was an over night job. They scheduled the appointment as a mobile one and would be done on my drive. This morning, that was cancelled, the appointment moved 2 weeks and to Stratford (rather than Bristol!). I’ve also got a courtesy car and upon questioning how long it would take - as it’s an hour from home and 2 hours from work - they said they don’t know, I might need a new battery! 🤯

All under warranty so not too bothered but do a good few miles a week for work. Anyone had a courtesy car for a while? Do I get billed for supercharging or tesla? Any mileage issues associated with having one of their cars? And I assume yes but could I use my cloud profile in a loaner? (If I work out how to do it)

So, a few days ago, booked in for a service as I had this on the screen

View attachment 925610

As the nearest SC is an hour away I stated I’d need a courtesy car if it was an over night job. They scheduled the appointment as a mobile one and would be done on my drive. This morning, that was cancelled, the appointment moved 2 weeks and to Stratford (rather than Bristol!). I’ve also got a courtesy car and upon questioning how long it would take - as it’s an hour from home and 2 hours from work - they said they don’t know, I might need a new battery! 🤯

All under warranty so not too bothered but do a good few miles a week for work. Anyone had a courtesy car for a while? Do I get billed for supercharging or tesla? Any mileage issues associated with having one of their cars? And I assume yes but could I use my cloud profile in a loaner? (If I work out how to do it)
courtesy car will have free supercharger miles ;)

Reactions: M1tch
A slightly older thread, but there appears to be a limit of 100 or 200 miles (IIRC 220 in another thread) presumably daily. SuC should be free:

A slightly older thread, but there appears to be a limit of 100 or 200 miles (IIRC 220 in another thread) presumably daily. SuC should be free:

no, not really - I had few times and travelled to customers and other places... that 200 miles is in theory - but no one looks at it.

Take a microfibre cloth with you and some wet wipes. Loaner I had was filthy outside, and the inside of the windscreen was so full of grime I had trouble seeing out when caught by the sun. Not fun.

It didn’t show up in the app and cloud profiles don’t work on them (they’re locked down, but I didn’t have the time to really goof around).

Reactions: M1tch
Take a microfibre cloth with you and some wet wipes. Loaner I had was filthy outside, and the inside of the windscreen was so full of grime I had trouble seeing out when caught by the sun. Not fun.

It didn’t show up in the app and cloud profiles don’t work on them (they’re locked down, but I didn’t have the time to really goof around).
Slightly wrong mate. I picked up a loaner two days ago. Car appears in my Tesla App and as soon as I linked it to the car as a key my profile downloaded including all my navigation favourites etc. Also, free SC miles which is a massive plus. I agreee with you on the cleanliness though - mine was filthy too!

When in the app, you need to swipe left or right at the top of the screen to get off your current car. That will just show it’s in Service mode. Swiping will change the car to the loaner and you can add the key there. It took me 24 hours to accidentally find this out!

Slightly wrong mate. I picked up a loaner two days ago. Car appears in my Tesla App and as soon as I linked it to the car as a key my profile downloaded including all my navigation favourites etc. Also, free SC miles which is a massive plus. I agreee with you on the cleanliness though - mine was filthy too!

When in the app, you need to swipe left or right at the top of the screen to get off your current car. That will just show it’s in Service mode. Swiping will change the car to the loaner and you can add the key there. It took me 24 hours to accidentally find this out!
Neat! Only had it for 2 days so never did much playing but can swear it wasn’t in the app as I did have a look to see if it showed up as an additional vehicle.