Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range at New

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it's not a big deal and has been discussed many times, but now I'm more so interested than making it out to be the end all.

I bought a used (May 22 build) 22 M3P with <9k on the ODO (now just over 10K) and have done the BMS 'reset' a few times but still can't break 300miles of range.

So now I'm curious: what was everyones range at full off the showroom floor (so to speak)? Was anyone's Model 3 ever at the EPA-estimated range?

I've been reading through the forum to get an answer for something similar with my M3P.

I have a Feb 22 build M3P. I believe it listed 314 miles of range brand new but I immediately put 18" winter tires on it after I took it home. The range estimate never changed despite running on 18" wheels. It would max out at 280 miles at 90% or around 311 miles at 100%. In early April this year, I switched back to the stock 20" Uberturbines and found that the range was calculated to be 263 miles at 90% or 292 miles at 100% (I've only charged to 100% twice). I've switched the settings from 20" to 18" back to 20" and reset the computer but nothing changes. The car only has 6,000 miles so I don't think it's a battery degradation issue or at least I'm hoping it's not. I'm also interested to see if any one else is experiencing the same results.

I've been reading through the forum to get an answer for something similar with my M3P.

I have a Feb 22 build M3P. I believe it listed 314 miles of range brand new but I immediately put 18" winter tires on it after I took it home. The range estimate never changed despite running on 18" wheels. It would max out at 280 miles at 90% or around 311 miles at 100%. In early April this year, I switched back to the stock 20" Uberturbines and found that the range was calculated to be 263 miles at 90% or 292 miles at 100% (I've only charged to 100% twice). I've switched the settings from 20" to 18" back to 20" and reset the computer but nothing changes. The car only has 6,000 miles so I don't think it's a battery degradation issue or at least I'm hoping it's not. I'm also interested to see if any one else is experiencing the same results.
Interesting. Could you have not driven enough for the benefits of the 18s to take hold?

Speaking of which, how did you reset the computer?

I have a Feb 22 M3P, was 315 at 100% when new, once it showed 316 at 100%.

It now has about 16k miles and the last full charge about a month ago showed 307. Only one brief supercharge session and maybe 6-9 charges to 100%. Daily charging for my 42 mile round trip commute is set to 50%, but occasionally higher if I have errands to run, typically on weekends.

I have a Feb 22 M3P, was 315 at 100% when new, once it showed 316 at 100%.

It now has about 16k miles and the last full charge about a month ago showed 307. Only one brief supercharge session and maybe 6-9 charges to 100%. Daily charging for my 42 mile round trip commute is set to 50%, but occasionally higher if I have errands to run, typically on weekends.
Interesting. Yours is slightly older and with more miles and it's showing better range at full. Wonder what I am doing to bring it lower than yours...

Interesting. Yours is slightly older and with more miles and it's showing better range at full. Wonder what I am doing to bring it lower than yours...

Nothing, battery capacity is not like filling a jug with liquid. Actual lost capacity does not return, and it is not unusual AT ALL for a 1 year old vehicle to have more than "15 miles" of degradation.

Reactions: Regaj
So it's not a big deal and has been discussed many times, but now I'm more so interested than making it out to be the end all.

I bought a used (May 22 build) 22 M3P with <9k on the ODO (now just over 10K) and have done the BMS 'reset' a few times but still can't break 300miles of range.

So now I'm curious: what was everyones range at full off the showroom floor (so to speak)? Was anyone's Model 3 ever at the EPA-estimated range?
507km (315miles was the EPA rating)
509km/316 miles was the most that I saw on my car.
The battery is a 82.1kWh battery but about 80.7kWh is sufficient to show the EPA range