Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range for MX60D on 22” Turbines? 75d range?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really want bigger rims and honestly like the stock 22 turbines but I’m not sure how much of a hit I’m gonna take on range.

Any help would be great!

75d owners.... can you chime in too? I might update to a 75d soon once I’m used to the corked speed.

Thanks!

I had a 60D (it was totaled). I would get 160 miles around town, running errands, and commuting. Put 12k miles in 8 months. I wouldn't do the stock ones. Now in my 90D I love the extra range and a little power. You could always do aftermarket if you want to spend $8k. If it isn't a lease I'd upgrade to 75D. That extra 37 miles makes a difference.

Thw real range hit is much higher than 10%. I have a 90d that I ordered with 22’s and I was never able to drive over 180 miles on a charge(that’s highway miles by myself in so cal and driving very easy). I swapped to the 20’s and can manage to get close to 220 maybe 225 if I ran it empty.

My wh/mile lifetime avg on 20’s is 341 (~25k miles driven) and 387 on 22’s (about 10k miles driven)

There was an article on I believe electrek awhile back about the true range hit. I’d say 17-22% is realistic.

X 60D here with 22s, real range is about 140-160 miles for daily errands, some highway use...etc.
i'm never able to keep it below 400wh/mile average.

learned about the uncorking for 75D and upgraded to 7D recently and got the uncorcking.

on occasion long distance trip the extra 35 mile or so is worth it. I do LA - San diego trip every few weeks, with 60D i would need to charge up once (160miles) , with 75D i hope i can do it in one shot without charging.

The 22" tires definitely look better than the 20". However, I found that powder-coating (or plasti-dipping) the rims a dark color (in my case, a dark gray) made the rims look bigger as you can't tell where the rims ends and the tire begins. For me, it was the best of both worlds (more range, less chance of road rash and better looking).

The 22" tires definitely look better than the 20". However, I found that powder-coating (or plasti-dipping) the rims a dark color (in my case, a dark gray) made the rims look bigger as you can't tell where the rims ends and the tire begins. For me, it was the best of both worlds (more range, less chance of road rash and better looking).
Thats what I did on my 60D. Did it on my 90D too but getting 22's with referral program