Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rant and joy. Model y delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my model y in blue/white interior. Wife and kids love the car.

My rant!!!! It had scratches everywhere couple deep scratches that look like some lightly keyed it and everywhere had swirl marks on every single panel. Took delivery because didn’t want to get on the list for delivery. They tried to buff it out at the dealership and they realized it wasn’t doable at their service shop. They made an appointment for us at the body shop.

Been reading on the forum what interior and fit could go wrong, but the swirl marks and scratches… I must be the first. Lol. It sucks and hopefully they can get it fixed.

Been reading on the forum what interior and fit could go wrong, but the swirl marks and scratches… I must be the first. Lol. It sucks and hopefully they can get it fixed.
When Kyle Conner picked up his Model S Plaid he asked them not to wash the car in order to avoid possible swirl marks and scratches. I can't find the video that shows him getting the car (he has three YouTube channels) but in the video below Kyle and Coleton evaluate the paint on the new
car and briefly discuss why Coleton suggested that Kyle ask the service center not to wash it:

IMO a decent body shop will be able to fix the swirl marks and scratches just fine. I recently got a few scratches and dings fixed. The shop did a fabulous job.

Taking delivery was probably a smart move. I hope you and your family can start enjoying the car soon! Make sure to install front mud flaps ASAP and maybe ppf for the rear doors/fenders that are in the line of fire from the front tires.