Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rapper The Game, bought 4 Fisker Karmas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AMPd

Nov 27, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
1 for himself and 3 for his friends
He also mentioned something about Fisker being the most amazing newest car company.

Yeah ok pal, it's obvious he's never heard of Tesla.

Electric miles are electric miles regardless of car model, but I just help but feel like he would have been better off buying 4 Model S's, although I think the wait is what deters many of these "walk-in walk-out" purchases

Oh well I just hope the actually charge the car sometimes instead of using it as an ICE in which case they could have gotten a much better ICE at that price

He also mentioned something about Fisker being the most amazing newest car company.

I think that he may have seen Mannie Fresh with his Karma
mannie-fresh-fisker-karma-600x389.jpg

Or Maybe NFL Player Frank Walker with his Karma
Frank-Walker-Fisker-Karma.jpg

or this
img1-80023.jpg

Here's a side view
img3-80016.jpg

Last edited:

Yeah ok pal, it's obvious he's never heard of Tesla.

Electric miles are electric miles regardless of car model, but I just help but feel like he would have been better off buying 4 Model S's, although I think the wait is what deters many of these "walk-in walk-out" purchases

Oh well I just hope the actually charge the car sometimes instead of using it as an ICE in which case they could have gotten a much better ICE at that price

I saw this a few days too and was unsurprised (stars being what they are), but a little annoyed with all the tweets going on about the best american car company yadda yadda. I mean, no one with a head on their shoulders takes believes a rapper really knows much about anything outside their source material, but ignorance still irks me. I bet he doesn't know anything about the company other than its a flashy car and the dealer gave him a great deal to clear out their inventory.

I saw this a few days too and was unsurprised (stars being what they are), but a little annoyed with all the tweets going on about the best american car company yadda yadda. I mean, no one with a head on their shoulders takes believes a rapper really knows much about anything outside their source material, but ignorance still irks me. I bet he doesn't know anything about the company other than its a flashy car and the dealer gave him a great deal to clear out their inventory.
I agree I don't think he knows much about the company and just bought them because other celebs have one
But like you said it irks me seeing him talk about the greatness of a company that's hanging on by a thread

Would have been better off ordering 4 Red Model S's, then he can truly talk about the greatness of a car manufacturer, not to mention he would have 4 amazing cars backed by a more stable car company.

Although I'm not sure people in his financial situation care whether or not the car company will be here tomorrow to honor the warranty on potential car troubles

So you don't like the Karma grille? but you like the model S grille? (lol)
The MS is beautiful no doubt but the Karma is the car Tesla should have built.

Because they would have gone out of business? You couldn't have the interior room of the Model S in the shape of the Fisker. The Fisker is striking but is all form over function. That's fine but the Model S looks pretty good too and is faster, quicker, safer and more useful than the Fisker.

They could have built the MS or the Karma and either would have been successful. Do you really think Fisker went BK because of the Karma design?
Surely you know that wasn't the reason. I'm quite sure sure if both cars were sitting next to each other and people walked by they would gravitate to the Fisker on pure looks.
The MS is much better overall for all the reasons posted but on pure exterior and interior looks the MS is 2nd place.

Last edited:
Looks are subjective. I actually don't like the Fisker design but it is striking. Tesla could have designed something like the Fisker but it would have the same appeal as the Roadster and wouldn't be selling 30,000+ cars a year. Very different cars for different markets. Only thing they had in common was a plug.

Weight is not subjective. Acceleration is not subjective. Trunk space is not subjective. Number of people the car can seat is not subjective.

Basically the Fisker was a good looking car with nice interior materials that wasn't impressive in the performance or anything else really. It wasn't that green once the limited EV range was done. It wasn't very quick. It was cramped inside. I do think they went out of business in part because of the design. Fisker wanted his 'perfect' car and wasn't willing to let the engineers make a maybe less beautiful but more functional car.

Not saying every car has to be totally functional but if it isn't it better really shine in one other aspect (0-60 in less than 5 seconds, high top speed, long EV range, great gas mileage...something).

They could have built the MS or the Karma and either would have been successful. Do you really think Fisker went BK because of the Karma design?
Surely you know that wasn't the reason. I'm quite sure sure if both cars were sitting next to each other and people walked by they would gravitate to the Fisker on pure looks.
The MS is much better overall for all the reasons posted but on pure exterior and interior looks the MS is 2nd place.

Totally subjective. I have no doubt that a certain segment of the population would gravitate towards the Karma. But I can tell you when I first saw it, I had a visceral reaction to it. A very negative one. Kind of like the reaction I have to Corvettes.

I think you're partially right, but there is still the "fact" that Henrik put form over function. He felt that if the car were sexy enough, that's all that mattered. From what has floated around the internet, I gathered that the exhaust next to the passenger and driver doors was about "form", which is likely the reason the car had to be detuned from the original performance levels (exhaust note was too loud). He wanted the low sloping roof as well, which compromised other functional elements.

So, in a way, yes it was partially the design (and the focus on design over engineering) that helped lead to their demise.

I'm currently in the middle on the car. Sometimes I love it, other times it looks a tad ridiculous. Functionally however, it was extremely underwhelming in the end.