Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Re: New Brake Retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sooo we know that the rear screen will soon apparently have a $600 retrofit and there is a $700 steering wheel option, but what about the brakes? I would love to have the red calipers but more importantly the higher thermal and better braking system for a car that I bought 2 months ago for $173,000🙄

Anyone heard or spoke to anyone?

Sooo we know that the rear screen will soon apparently have a $600 retrofit and there is a $700 steering wheel option, but what about the brakes? I would love to have the red calipers but more importantly the higher thermal and better braking system for a car that I bought 2 months ago for $173,000🙄

Where did you find out about the $600 rear screen retrofit? If true I’ll be ordering as well 👍🏻

I mean, I am all for red calipers, but I think it's still a rumor that it has "higher thermal capacity" and why are all you guys using your friction brakes? I rarely use mine in the Model X. All cars get upgrades... it just is. Happens with every car, really a $30k civic gets upgrades almost every year too.

I don’t think there is anything special about red calipers being any different. Check around with various wrap shops in your area. Many of them offer caliper painting including new decals. I was thinking about getting mine painted yellow, which is possible, but self reminded me about how much I already spent on this buggy. I stuck with just getting my emblems painted.

Is there any reason to buy the Tesla steering wheel vs other brands? There are some very nice looking CFiber ones available that I like much more but have not pulled the trigger.

Note: I remember when brand new Civics could be bought for $8999

Apparently, no upgrade or option for gaming on the rear screen, regardless of size:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230131-112813.png
    Screenshot_20230131-112813.png
    310.9 KB · Views: 97