Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Real life experience with Xcelerate warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We understand where these reservations come from and very smart to do your research on products ahead of time.

To launch and scale a product like XCare takes a village. While we completely endorse the philosophy of vertical integration, the reality is that you can’t simply throw a dart at the proverbial board and expect to hit a bullseye. Many companies have tried to do just that and failed and the people who get hurt the most, are the customers. We took this variable into account in the early days of the creation of XCare and ultimately decided to partner with AmTrust Financial to backstop the product due to their long term financial stability, Endurance for claims administration due to their claims processing capabilities, and due to our agreement allowing us to manage the experience end-to-end. When it comes to the claims process, all XCare claims go to a special XCare team within Endurance who look to us in order to make decisions, have oversight on every claim, enhance the product claims experience around XCare, and how it works around Tesla Service. We helped build the contract, select the team within Endurance, train them on new Tesla technical iterations (along other EVs) and make sure that every claim goes through with a positive experience. Claims efficiency is critical to achieve for a product like this and it takes time to dial in. Although Endurance is a large corporation that services millions of dollars in claims daily and has several products they offer at different price points, XCare is a premium product created by Xcelerate, modeled after products like AppleCare with the goal of achieving an excellent customer experience, and functions entirely differently than the rest of Endurance.

With regards to “people online only have good experiences with XCare if they contact someone in these forums to escalate things” This couldn’t be further from the truth since most of our members aren’t even on this forum ha 😊. Yes, we have had a couple times where people have opted to go straight to the forums before directly communicating with one of our team members, but how we treat our customers does not differ whether you come straight to us, or to the forums – we react the same. We truly do this to help EV owners have positive experiences, that’s the “why” that powers our everyday. Believe it or not, we communicate to our customers way more than the communication you may see on this forum 😊. The way we focus on our experience is the reason why we continue to hire former Tesla employees to help us grow, because they believe in our mission.

To summarize, we have only grown larger and reinvested in our claims experience. Our customer success team has eyes on EVERY single claim that comes through and works with our customers and teams to resolve some of the trickiest situations. To showcase how we separate ourselves from everyone else, I want to leave a real world example of how we go above and beyond for customers… we currently have a customer who has a battery failure who should still be under the factory battery warranty (21’ Model Y w/ 82k miles). There was an odometer issue at the time of title filing which created a branded title situation (branded titles do not qualify for XCare coverage). Fortunately the customer has already corrected this issue with the DMV but Tesla still has it shown as a voided warranty on their end since the title was branded. We have guided the customer on how to make the “brand” removed from vehicle history, and WE are working with Tesla internally (on the customers behalf) to help get this corrected so his HV battery warranty is reinstated, so the customer isn’t stuck with a$13k bill. Any other “warranty provider” would have just cancelled the contract when seeing it was branded. We didn’t, we went deeper to understand why, and now helping the customer do something that is completely outside the realm of XCare. This is what you can expect from our team.

-Team XCare
Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. So once Xcare approves a repair, you're saying Endurance will pay it out and that they have no veto power to deny a claim?
Also when buying an extended warranty for an ICE, you sometimes have to show past maintenance records or current maintenance etc. Are there any such requirements to get a warranty through xcare?

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation. So once Xcare approves a repair, you're saying Endurance will pay it out and that they have no veto power to deny a claim?
Also when buying an extended warranty for an ICE, you sometimes have to show past maintenance records or current maintenance etc. Are there any such requirements to get a warranty through xcare?
We train our endurance XCare team to make decisions that we would, and work along side them to determine accuracy and fairness. Being that we are all Tesla alum, we sometimes can provide a more in depth understanding of certain scenarios and work with our Endurance team if there is misalignment on any situation.

We absolutely do not require past service records.:)

We train our endurance XCare team to make decisions that we would, and work along side them to determine accuracy and fairness. Being that we are all Tesla alum, we sometimes can provide a more in depth understanding of certain scenarios and work with our Endurance team if there is misalignment on any situation.

We absolutely do not require past service records.:)
OK. So the Endurance team does have veto power on these claims in spite of Xcare giving their approval. Not trying to question Xcare or their integrity but just understanding the process. Have had my share of buying cars and warranties that are no good when you really need them.

OK. So the Endurance team does have veto power on these claims in spite of Xcare giving their approval. Not trying to question Xcare or their integrity but just understanding the process. Have had my share of buying cars and warranties that are no good when you really need them.
Endurance denied my first claim and I escalated to XC and it was resolved

I believe Xcare has the final say in claims. Endurance may initially deny the claim, but if you elevate it to Xcare, they can approve the claim.

Had my first experience with XCare on Monday. Got my extended warranty in February (good timing). Heard a squeak over the weekend when turning and both of my control arms were the culprit. Overall a smooth process. Little back and forth which was annoying as our service center doesn’t want to talk to any 3rd party warranty. Did the steps necessary and once my invoice and reason was approved / repair done / sent the invoice to XCare of final cost. Check should be coming soon. Brent was a huge help with any questions I had prior to purchasing as well. So glad I got an XCare warranty!

Reactions: DerbyDave
Had my first experience with XCare on Monday. Got my extended warranty in February (good timing). Heard a squeak over the weekend when turning and both of my control arms were the culprit. Overall a smooth process. Little back and forth which was annoying as our service center doesn’t want to talk to any 3rd party warranty. Did the steps necessary and once my invoice and reason was approved / repair done / sent the invoice to XCare of final cost. Check should be coming soon. Brent was a huge help with any questions I had prior to purchasing as well. So glad I got an XCare warranty!
Just curious - what year and model is your car and what was the total amount that you were charged by Tesla for the repair? Which Xcare plan/deductible did you opt for?

Do you always have to pay then wait for reimbursement? Can’t Xcare pay Tesla direct?
Depends on the service center. When I told them I was using XCare, a 3rd party and they’ll pay once complete they told me they don’t work with 3rd parties because of bad experiences in the past (even though I literally told them all they’re doing is paying lol). Some service centers will do it, some won’t.

Brent also has mentioned a debit card from XCare is coming out sometime this year that you’ll be able to use directly for paying for the approved services (don’t want to speak for him, it’s been on a couple other XCare threads)

Overall I think it’s completely worth it. I think if my MCU goes out or my headlights those are a ton of money to replace.

I’m considering them too for my 18 LR. I’m thinking about the 5 year plan for 5k. But I also wonder if my total repair bills would go over 5k. Tough

Depends on the service center. When I told them I was using XCare, a 3rd party and they’ll pay once complete they told me they don’t work with 3rd parties because of bad experiences in the past (even though I literally told them all they’re doing is paying lol). Some service centers will do it, some won’t.

Brent also has mentioned a debit card from XCare is coming out sometime this year that you’ll be able to use directly for paying for the approved services (don’t want to speak for him, it’s been on a couple other XCare threads)

Overall I think it’s completely worth it. I think if my MCU goes out or my headlights those are a ton of money to replace.
The debit card would be cool… but also those Amex points sound nice too (if they mail checks quickly)

We have 3 Teslas: 2012 P85, 2015 P90D, 2023 Model Y. We've purchased XCare for all. After having multiple door handle issues with the 2012, we purchased XCare before the warranty was up and it was a great decision. We have the $100 deductible and have utilized it for two more door handle replacements, an MCU replacement and a few other items. We then purchased it for the 2015 and then bought it as soon as we bought the 2023 because the new Tesla warranty was not as comprehensive as it had been previously. It's nice knowing the max out of pocket as well as how easily XCare handles the payment. You just have to remember to call in the needed repair and give them the estimate once it's known. It could not be easier. Customer service goes above and beyond. And having an extended warranty is definitely a sales point for resale, if that's something you might consider....and I received NOTHING in return for this review. Just a very satisfied customer.