Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Real life experience with Xcelerate warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is correct, so the last year for 2017 model years to purchase XCare with Battery & Drive Unit coverage would be purchasing within this calendar year.
Don't you mean end of next year?

I thought right now, 2016 is the oldest that can get the battery warranty and starting 1/1/24, 2017 is the oldest that can get the warranty. Meaning if you have a 2017 like me, your last chance to purchase the battery warranty would be 12/31/24. Or am I misunderstanding something?

Reactions: XCare EV
Don't you mean end of next year?

I thought right now, 2016 is the oldest that can get the battery warranty and starting 1/1/24, 2017 is the oldest that can get the warranty. Meaning if you have a 2017 like me, your last chance to purchase the battery warranty would be 12/31/24. Or am I misunderstanding something?
You're correct, end of 2024. We apologize for the error.

@XCare EV is there an option to purchase the warranty as a monthly subscription? Or does the full amount need to be purchased at POS?
We do require payment in advance, as the coverage is in full, unthrottled force at the end of the 30 day waiting period, with no overall policy maximum and up to $30,000 in coverage for battery and drive unit(s).

Reactions: pilotSteve
We do require payment in advance, as the coverage is in full, unthrottled force at the end of the 30 day waiting period, with no overall policy maximum and up to $30,000 in coverage for battery and drive unit(s).
I saw the new quote including the battery and drive train. For those that already have the xcare coverage, does the drive train and battery carry over?

I saw the new quote including the battery and drive train. For those that already have the xcare coverage, does the drive train and battery carry over?
Thanks for the question, and happy to help! XCare Premium is a new coverage level that includes Battery and Drive Motors, and XCare members from before the change still have the same coverage as the Tesla ESA, just not including the battery. Although the coverage cannot be added to an existing warranty, current members can reach out for options on adding the coverage to their vehicle. Cheers! -XCare

Last edited:
Thanks for the question, and happy to help! XCare Premium is a new coverage level that includes Battery and Drive Motors, and XCare members from before the change still have the same coverage as the Tesla ESA, just not including battery/drive units. Although the coverage cannot be added to an existing warranty, current members can reach out for options on adding the coverage to their vehicle. Cheers! -XCare
Hello,
The premium coverage seems to be the same price as I did last year.

I have a 2019 MS that has battery and drivetrain warranty until 2028. However my 4 year vehicle warranty expires in Feb.

All your quotes include battery and drivetrain. Do you have an option where this is excluded since I would be paying for double coverage?

I have a 2019 MS that has battery and drivetrain warranty until 2028. However my 4 year vehicle warranty expires in Feb.

All your quotes include battery and drivetrain. Do you have an option where this is excluded since I would be paying for double coverage?
I have a 2019 Model S too and my basic warranty expired in March of this year. I picked up an additional 4 years through Xcelerate and got it just before they added the battery and drive train warranty.
I believe now your only option is inclusive of battery and drive train, even if you don’t need it.
How do you have a 2019 with a 4 year warranty that goes to Feb 2024?

I have a 2019 Model S too and my basic warranty expired in March of this year. I picked up an additional 4 years through Xcelerate and got it just before they added the battery and drive train warranty.
I believe now your only option is inclusive of battery and drive train, even if you don’t need it.
It was a showroom deal 😊. It was their demo and only had 1K miles when I bought it in Feb 2020.

How much was the warranty at the time without the battery/drivetrain? Right now via the Tesla app, it's offering it for 3100 for 2 years and 25K miles.

It was a showroom deal 😊. It was their demo and only had 1K miles when I bought it in Feb 2020.

How much was the warranty at the time without the battery/drivetrain? Right now via the Tesla app, it's offering it for 3100 for 2 years and 25K miles.
I have the same type deal it’s a Nov 2015 build that sat in the showroom for 6 months. I think it also had 1k miles on it and the battery warranty didn’t start to sale date of June 2016.

Wondering if anyone has successfully gotten a claim paid when using Mobile Service? This seems to be the only real problem with X-Care and I wish they could come up with a better solution. I have mobile service coming out to make $700 in repairs that should be covered under X-Care. The problem is that X-Care always wants an updated estimate AFTER diagnosis but BEFORE the repair is done, in order to approve the claim. The Mobile Service tech is on a tight schedule and I dont think they have the time or patience to wait around for X-Care to get back to me if the claim is approved or not. X-Care says I could ask for reimbursement afterwards, but they cannot guarantee payment without them authorizing it before the repair starts.
Just curious if anyone has any experiences with mobile service and successfully getting X-Care to pay a reimbursement after work had already been completed?

Hopefully Brent can chime in on this one too.

Reactions: XCare EV
Wondering if anyone has successfully gotten a claim paid when using Mobile Service? This seems to be the only real problem with X-Care and I wish they could come up with a better solution. I have mobile service coming out to make $700 in repairs that should be covered under X-Care. The problem is that X-Care always wants an updated estimate AFTER diagnosis but BEFORE the repair is done, in order to approve the claim. The Mobile Service tech is on a tight schedule and I dont think they have the time or patience to wait around for X-Care to get back to me if the claim is approved or not. X-Care says I could ask for reimbursement afterwards, but they cannot guarantee payment without them authorizing it before the repair starts.
Just curious if anyone has any experiences with mobile service and successfully getting X-Care to pay a reimbursement after work had already been completed?

Hopefully Brent can chime in on this one too.
Thanks for the opportunity, and happy to put in our $.02 :)
Mobile Techs are usually pretty understanding of our process. The majority of the time our claims team just needs minor clarification if any, such as whether the failure is due to impact damage (headlights, sensors) or water intrusion (flood damage), so as to determine if the claim is a warranty issue or something best addressed by auto insurance. Most of the work mobile techs do is pretty cut-and-dried, and often does not require any additional info, but we do need to make certain that the repairs are under our coverage to protect the program and ensure we can continue to provide support for our community. The mobile tech can update the Service Invoice right there in the driveway to reflect the info and we can authorize. Cheers! -XCare

Reactions: GeoG
Happy to provide a little clarity, XCare pricing is geared toward remaining factory coverage, and takes into account remaining battery limited warranty and drive unit coverage. For this reason, the earlier one purchases our coverage the lower the overall price compared to equivalent coverage purchased at a later date. At no time are you paying for battery and drive unit coverage if your vehicle will not leave the factory 8 years/miles window during your XCare coverage. Cheers! -XCare

Reactions: GeoG
Just bought a policy. I do have a thought on payment though - since my Tesla factory warranty is still in effect for another 18 months, why not let me pay over 18 months in some kind of installments? Since there's 0% chance of actually using my XCare policy before then anyways right?

Reactions: pilotSteve
So I’m looking to use my extended warranty that I purchased last for my 2018 M3 for the first time, I’m the original owner.

I filled out the Kickstart form and submitted it online and received a receipt confirmation. I have an additional question regarding the appointment process with Tesla service. Can I make the service appointment to get the issue diagnosed before I hear from XCare or must I wait? In any case I’ve been waiting on my phone for 1 hour and 10 mins so far at the 1-877-302-1715 number and I am more than a little annoyed at this point. Is this what warranty owners can expect going forward?