Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Real Matte Carbon Fiber Dash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No it’s just $54! Where are they getting $350?? This is just coming to oakville 🤷🏽‍♂️
1647280642474.png

Makes a lot more sense. Was that the price quoted on the main page or did you have to reach out directly? I don't see how it is $350 to ship!
No it’s just $54! Where are they getting $350?? This is just coming to oakville 🤷🏽‍♂️

pbcsd, can you screen shot the shipping like Destiny did? Message it to me. Ill reach out for you as well and see if its just a AE screw up with your postal code or something. Happy to help.

Post #21 above

Pardon, I skipped right over that post somehow. Whoops

Id ask the seller to see if there is another shipping method that would be less. Personally, I think the caps/stick on covers arent that great. They never fit right and end up warping in the heat of summer. This replacement is amazing. Gree (the seller) should hire me to do PR for them, HAHA!

Pardon, I skipped right over that post somehow. Whoops

Id ask the seller to see if there is another shipping method that would be less. Personally, I think the caps/stick on covers arent that great. They never fit right and end up warping in the heat of summer. This replacement is amazing. Gree (the seller) should hire me to do PR for them, HAHA!
Beg to differ. My buddy has a CF stick on from 2019 and 3 yrs later it’s in perfect shape, colour and no warping 🤷🏽‍♂️ He also got a real CF not one of the fake ones…but taped. The way I see it is…if it gets scratched or damaged, it can be removed and replaced anytime..not the entire unit just the piece. But hey…the whole piece thing is also a good buy :) everyone has their take!

Reactions: JaeTheDev
Beg to differ. My buddy has a CF stick on from 2019 and 3 yrs later it’s in perfect shape, colour and no warping 🤷🏽‍♂️ He also got a real CF not one of the fake ones…but taped. The way I see it is…if it gets scratched or damaged, it can be removed and replaced anytime..not the entire unit just the piece. But hey…the whole piece thing is also a good buy :) everyone has their take!

Thats true. Depending on how much a real cap is, it might be worth it. $300 shipped for me, vs a $200 cap.... Id rather the replacement. Thats just my take on it. That being said, Tesla should just make it an option. HA!

Reactions: Destiny1701
Thats true. Depending on how much a real cap is, it might be worth it. $300 shipped for me, vs a $200 cap.... Id rather the replacement. Thats just my take on it. That being said, Tesla should just make it an option. HA!

Lmk if your contact replies re shipping btw, sent a message yesterday but no response as of yet (which is unusual for Ali sellers who typically respond relatively quickly, time zone aside of course)

Actually, in general his listing doesn't really work. Says compatible with 2020-2022 Model 3 and Y's, but has no selection for 2022, and when I select 2021 or 2020 Model Y LR or Performance, says it is incompatible.

Pricing is basically the same as the stick on cap @Destiny1701 listed above, except for the massive shipping.

1647370363201.png

I believe there was a design revision to the end caps for 2021-2022 models so they are in fact different and incompatible if you're replacing the entire thing.
2021 and 2022 models, or did you mean from the 2021 model to the 2022 model? Either way, it's pretty odd that the description says compatible with 2020, 2021 and 2022, but when you select any vehicle (2022 isn't even available as an option) it then says "incompatible". Probalby not overly atypical I guess with Ali.

Part of the problem is Tesla doesn't have model years per se so it's not 100% just to say 2021 and 2022. I received mine in late Nov 2021 and it had the revised one with updated end caps. You can check relatively easily though - if you open the door and look at it from the side... there is a large triangle trim piece. The old version has a small separate end cap where the dash meets the triangle trim. The new version has the end cap molded to the dash so it is not a separate piece.

red arrow is where the triangle piece would be, green arrow is the separate end cap. This image is from an old version. Mine has the new version but the car is currently getting wrapped so I don't have access to it at the moment.

1647376696537.png

Actually, in general his listing doesn't really work. Says compatible with 2020-2022 Model 3 and Y's, but has no selection for 2022, and when I select 2021 or 2020 Model Y LR or Performance, says it is incompatible.

Pricing is basically the same as the stick on cap @Destiny1701 listed above, except for the massive shipping.

View attachment 781365
I believe there was a design revision to the end caps for 2021-2022 models so they are in fact different and incompatible if you're replacing the entire thing.
Part of the problem is Tesla doesn't have model years per se so it's not 100% just to say 2021 and 2022. I received mine in late Nov 2021 and it had the revised one with updated end caps. You can check relatively easily though - if you open the door and look at it from the side... there is a large triangle trim piece. The old version has a small separate end cap where the dash meets the triangle trim. The new version has the end cap molded to the dash so it is not a separate piece.

red arrow is where the triangle piece would be, green arrow is the separate end cap. This image is from an old version. Mine has the new version but the car is currently getting wrapped so I don't have access to it at the moment.

View attachment 781416

I have a 21 Model Y Performance. It states this product isnt compatible with my vehicle as well, but here I am! HAHA!

Once you order, the seller will send you a message asking if you need the "older end capped" version or the "newer non capped" version. I would also send him a message after purchasing to let him know.

Note the screenshot below of the message between seller and myself telling him which I need when asked.

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 8.52.11 AM.png

I required the newer dash, so thats what he sent. It fits like a glove. Note my install below in my YT vid.

As for price, replacement dashes usually run close to 1k. Not taking away from these companies as I own products by all of them, but this product is expensive to ship from China, especially right now. Even with the shipping, its less than the comp.

Heres one for $850 thats out of stock.

"Dash panel" for $500 and another for similar.

Another replacement.

RPM Tesla has carbon dash replacements. Real CF, full replacement dash. They send you a box with a return label to send them your old dash.
Ya thought abt that. For$750 usd no thanks!. I paid $350 cnd (275 usd) amd I can remove them anytime incase I sell the call one day and buyer wants oem. Or I want to change the look.