TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Really bad experience! Where is final purchase agreement?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by superx, Jul 17, 2018.

1. superx

superx Member

Hi,

My car was delivered about 3 weeks ago. Agreement was signed in person but they didn’t give me the copy. I need this doc to apply rebates .

So, I went to the delivery center today again but they told me that it is uploaded to my account . I checked my account I can find other docs but not the purchase agreement.

Told me to call my DS. I called him and no answering calls as usual. So, I sent the email and hope he reply.

Their online store is even worse. I ordered a couple things 2 weeks ago. But still not shipping yet and nobody even care to reply my status check emails.

Cars are prettty and nice but their customer services are horrible.

• Informative x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Congrats on car ...honestly this is not a big deal to get a copy ..enjoy the car ...unfortunately you can only get the copy from the DS though ...regardless the CA process for rebate will set you back about 4mos ..it takes about 1 1/2 months just to look at app than another 30-90 days for check

• Helpful x 1
  3. superx

superx Member

I see. Thank you

• Like x 1
  4. legend502

legend502 Member

yes but the issue is the customer service! do enjoy the car but after such major purchase more should be expected from the company

5. skitown

skitown Supporting Member

I'll settle for punctuation.

• Funny x 4
  6. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

I ordered floor mats from Tesla.com Took 2 months and no information at all during the process.

I ordered the wheel cap set for the Model 3 (that lots of people have had backordered, so I ordered early) and it arrived in 3 days :)

I guess one never knows...

• Like x 1
  7. TexasRat

TexasRat Member

Well crap. I wanted all-weather floor mats. Does that mean I need to order it now so I can get it within a few months? :eek:

• Funny x 1
  8. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

Mine was ordered in Oct 2017 for Christmas. Arrived a few days after Christmas.

I get the feeling they do bulk ordering once some threshold is reached.

9. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

The Tesla ones suck. Get after market ones like these, they are the best mats I have ever owned:
    Intro-Tech Automotive HEXOMAT Floor Mats

10. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

Certainly an aside from the initial post... I have the hex mats for the trunk. Works great. I like the others for the floor so far.

Back on topic - yes, Tesla customer service is definitely spotty.

• Like x 1
  11. TexasRat

TexasRat Member

Aren't the tesla ones made my weathertech? I thought they made pretty good products, at least they have in the past. Why are those hexomat mats so good? Do they fit well? You got any pics of them installed in your car?

12. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

#12 brkaus, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    Hex mats lay flat. They contain spills with all the hexagon spots. The weather tech (Tesla) mats have a lip. Some have complained that the lip can fold over. I find the lip fits great in the front foot wells.

Really a preference thing.

13. TexasRat

TexasRat Member

I'm a little concerned those hex mats are hard to clean though, when dirt rests in the actual pockets. Will have to think about it

14. dethman

dethman Member

Weird stuff. My delivery paperwork was uploaded within a few days of getting the car.

• Informative x 1
  15. superx

superx Member

So, my DS sent me the signed agreement copy as email attachment this morning

They don't seem to have standardized procedure Or maybe they are too busy these days.

• Love x 1
  16. superx

superx Member

• Funny x 1
  17. SISU Life

SISU Life Member

Sorry for your experience. I've seen so many posts and the experience is all over the place. My purchase agreement was included with all of the docs on my account page and was there the day we took delivery. I guess I was lucky as well with ordering through the online store. Ordered floor mats and they were shipped out within a week and installed at the service center the next day after getting them in. We have been very happy with our DS and the customer service. Hopefully they can get this settled for you. Best of luck. But, enjoy the car....we love ours and it has been awesome.

• Like x 1