Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reapply for financing with rate cut?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my financing approved through Tesla /Wamu 2 weeks ago for like 3.24% or something. Now the fed cut the interests rates, how long do you think it will take for the auto rates to deck, and I wonder is it worth it to reapply again (I’d take another credit score hit).

I talked to a mortgage broker, and he made the comment that because of the Dodd Frank legislation, banks are not actively lending at these lower rates, because they may have issues of liquidity. Not as in they’re going to fail, but the amount of assets that they must have in relation to the loans.
He said it may be a couple weeks for things to shake out.

I posted this somewhere else on here, but:

I applied for and got approval for a Tesla loan @2.69%. I didn’t click “accept”, I figured I would shop it. Ended up with a 1.9% rate from a local credit union my wife does some business with. I was able to change the method of payment to “provide your own financing”, entered in all the info, now I’m waiting on a contact from Tesla. Wonder how long that takes?

Correction, it is wells fargo, but I just found out my application was denied.
This is odd, the letter I got from Wells Fargo was stated "Credit application incomplete"

Ok I figured it out. This was autogenerated when I initially submitted my application. I had misplaced a zero or two under salary, so I had to resub. All is good.

Last edited:

I applied for and got approval for a Tesla loan @2.69%. I didn’t click “accept”, I figured I would shop it. Ended up with a 1.9% rate from a local credit union my wife does some business with. I was able to change the method of payment to “provide your own financing”, entered in all the info, now I’m waiting on a contact from Tesla. Wonder how long that takes?
just curious when did you apply through Tesla?

Hi LOB. Mind divulging the name of the Credit Union?

^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^

Many Credit Unions offer lower loan rates than what we're seeing posted here.

At a Credit Union YOU are a member-owner, vs. "just a customer" at a bank.

FYI and buy your money where it's cheapest . . . .