Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear air vents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have this issue when I use climate control to take a nap at work. Every time, after 30 minutes it will turn off the rear vent and I usually have to reset it. It looks like it changes it to auto and some other things as well. Dog mode had the same issue.

I would love a work-around if anyone has any ideas.

Not for me. I have to toggle rear vents on or off. Nothing triggers them going on or off by themselves based on weight or buckled seatbelts. I have the LR AWD. I never use auto A/C.

Well they won’t auto turn on or off unless, you know, you are using “auto” :)

Auto controls fan speed, recirculate, and which vents are open (rear, feet, etc).
Auto off is “manual” ... and then everything is manually controlled (except the temperature of course, which is still targeted to your set temp).

My A/C is always in Auto mode.

On a day trip today the rear vents worked just fine heading out, however on the way home rear passengers complained it was hot and there was no air. I felt the vents and they were off.

Having never used manual A/C I had no idea which button did what and just ended up turning up the fan speed to 9 which seemed to provide enough air to cool the car.

I've experimented since getting home and in Auto the rear vents are definitely off. I can force them on in manual mode. At least I know how for our next trip. Wish I knew why they didn't work on the return trip.

JP