Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Audio Amp Won't Turn On [after installation and removal of aftermarket subwoofer]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Install:
I installed a sundown amp and replaced the existing subwoofer with sundown as well. Everything went fine, tapped into the 12v+ under back seat, intercepted subwoofer signal with line out converter>amp>back to subwoofer. Used line out converter for sundwon amp switch as it has auto turn on from the Tesla amp subwoofer signal. I used same ground point for both amps Tesla used for their amp.

Problem:
Anyways, I wanted to replace the subwoofer again and when I unscrewed the bolt grounding both amps, I forgot to unplug the wire harness from the Tesla amplifier and there was a spark. After reinstalling, the Tesla amp won't turn on.

Troubleshooting:
1. I tested the red+/grey- on Tesla amp for 12v and it tested at 13.86v.
2. Replaced amp (1079748-00-e) with new one from Tesla.
3. Did Mountain Pass reset where I disconnected front 12v- and plug under back seat.
4. Tested Sundown amp with different switch signal and it turned on.

I'm running out of ideas. I noticed the amp doesn't have a switch wire so maybe it uses the a2b signal as it? Not sure what else I can do. I don't mind tipping the guru who helps me solve my problem :)

Attachments

• 8E6E0F30-666B-40AE-B98A-1CE6CAEDDD22.jpeg
    8E6E0F30-666B-40AE-B98A-1CE6CAEDDD22.jpeg
    579.6 KB · Views: 1,669
I had similar issues with my subwoofer/rear speakers not working. Actually tried a different amp from another car- still no sound. Tesla determind that my A2B connection was shorted. Fix is to replace the main computer--out of pocket about $2k.
Tesla Issue description.png