Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear blowers 5 seater MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi all

My MX has been on a holiday to the SC for a while now but one of the issues was the zero output from the bpillar blowers.

I’ve read loads of stuff on here about them not being connected or needing someone sat in the rear, both urban legend...

SC has confirmed they can find no fault but acknowledge they don’t blow “much” looking at the ducting diagram the b pillar vents are fend by the rear center console vents which ultimately come from front blower

I’m just curious, with the blowers on full power and the front and center console vents closed, do you get anything coming out of your b pillars?

The wind has to go somewhere it’s pretty powerful out of the centre console so I find it amazing that it can reduce to almost nothing traveling down a meter or so of ducting.

There is a definitely a big difference between 5 seater and 6/7 seater rear HVAC. The latter configs are advertised as having an additional rear aircon/heating system and you do get separate rear temp and fan settings.

Historically on the forums there have been many complaints about the poor rear HVAC performance in the 5-seater (and often citing no output from the B-pillar vents). It was the main reason we chose the 7 seater in the end, even though we would rarely use the third row seats.