Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear brake discs - 2020 model 3 performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need some help please. I need to buy new rear brake discs but after entering in my registration,. Eurocar parts sent me discs that were not compatible even though they said they were (holes in wrong place). Also, you can see my original worn disc in the top of the picture and it has jagged edges. Is that through wear and tear as I cannot find any new ones online that look like that.

Even when I put the reg in to Brembo it brings up a disc that has 5 small holes rather than the 1 that mine has.

So would someone kindly post a link to the correct rear brake disc that 100% will fit my 2020 M3 Performance as I don't want to get it wrong again! Thank you :)

WhatsApp Image 2024-06-06 at 17.42.55_e3419c3b.jpg

Last edited:
The jagged edges aren’t through wear, mine were like that from new. I can only assume it’s a n attempt to reduce informing weight from the car.

Can’t help with sourcing any components I’m afraid. If it were me I’d log a service request and ask to collect the parts you want from your local SC. I believe lots of people do that for various parts on this forum and usually reasonably priced.

Interesting as I've since read it's a known fault and that they dont come jagged, it happens over time. I will speak with Tesla. Thanks.
You're going to get a very puzzled response from Tesla with that. Where have you read that's a known fault? It's not, it's the design of Tesla's M3P discs as said above. They are made out of two pieces of metal unlike the ECP ones you show which are all one cast piece. Don't trust everything you read in forums. There are a lot of mis-informed people out there!

As you've already found, brake discs and pads for the M3P aren't that easy to find as they're not compatible with other car models so the aftermarket hasn't been manufacturing them for long, if at all. If you want to buy non-OE parts, try Cleevely as they probably have the biggest range for Tesla and they tenfd to use quality manufacturers rather than cheap Chinese rubbish which is starting to flood the Tesla aftermarket. They are the only place I know of currently listing all the correct M3P brake parts.

OK, so I have now found that this is just the design but thanks for confirming. Tesla (over chat) gave me this part number. 1044636-00-D. This is REALLY expensive at £388 EACH and doesnt seem to feature much. When I go in to Brenbow and Autodoc they list 09.N361.11 as being compatible and these are £68! So I am down the proverbial rabbit hole!!

Surely I can get my discs on a Autodoc/Eurocar parts as the part number they have given me seems to be out of stock or Ebay.

OK, so I have now found that this is just the design but thanks for confirming. Tesla (over chat) gave me this part number. 1044636-00-D. This is REALLY expensive at £388 EACH and doesnt seem to feature much. When I go in to Brenbow and Autodoc they list 09.N361.11 as being compatible and these are £68! So I am down the proverbial rabbit hole!!

Surely I can get my discs on a Autodoc/Eurocar parts as the part number they have given me seems to be out of stock or Ebay.
The Brembo website is wrong. It's been wrong for ages but they don't fix it. Other places like Autodoc/ECP also list the wrong parts for M3P pads and discs and don't fix it. The demand isn't high enough yet for it to flag to them I suppose.
Don't buy from ebay unless you know the supplier. You don't know what you'll get and a lot of it is cheap rubbish. These are brakes, not a fake carbon fibre spoiler!
Speak to Cleevely.
The last time I got a quote from Tesla for rear discs they were £95.83 each. Post the estimate on here so we can see where £388 comes from.

I've been designing, making and supplying aftermarket Tesla braking products for >5 years, so I do know a bit about this subject.

Reactions: KennethS
Cleevely don't yet have rears for a 20 M3P, they did mine a couple of months ago and had to buy them from Tesla as the after market ones don't fit.
They did use after market pads though.
OK my bad. I spoke to them a couple of months ago as they were listing them then, but I think they were still waiting to get them in so maybe that's still delayed.