Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear bumper protector?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just left my MS at the SC to have the rear bumper reesprayed after they scratched it while fixing the hatch. This got me thinking, is there anything out there that can be used to protect the rear bumper when loading and unloading the trunk? The bumper protrudes quite a bit, and I can see my clumsy self scratching it in the near future.

I can always keep a blanket and drop it over the edge of the bumper as needed, I guess...

Thanks!

Here is the one that I have. You don't need a trunk mat to use it; you just tuck the flap under the cover to the compartment under the hatch floor. You can get it at www.fitmycar.com
IMG_0008.JPG

Reactions: Vinc
The issue I always thought on the draping of the flap is usually when I would use it the car would be dirty. Anything less than clean would scratch via the blanket on the dirt. Which is why we went PPF for movement in and out of trunk area for bumper.
Did you do the whole bumper or just the top and edge part?

The weather tech rear mat has an attached flap that’s intended to drape over the bumper for just this purpose. Don’t recall if it’s an option or included on all of them.

This is one of the first accessories we bought. I'm careful loading things in and out but it's very nice knowing I can roll out the cover to protect the bumper whenever needed. The protector rolls and clips neatly with velcro and tabs to the rear mat.