Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear camera, GPS and music stopped working when plugging in SDcard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had an issue where the rear camera, gps and music stopped working. Rear camera was black, gps location not updating (showed the location at my home the whole day) and the trying to bring up the music menu just resulted in a spinning wheel icon. Tried rebooting car, multiple times, both soft and hard reboots but nothing fixed it. Never had any issues like these in the 3 months we've had the car until today.

What changed was we just received a USB hub, SDCard (and SDcard USB adapter) and connected them yesterday in order to use the dashcam.

What finally fixed it was unplugging the USB hub and then rebooting the car and everything returned to normal.

Anyone else experience this? Is this some compatibility issue with the USB hub/SDcard?

Just had an issue where the rear camera, gps and music stopped working. Rear camera was black, gps location not updating (showed the location at my home the whole day) and the trying to bring up the music menu just resulted in a spinning wheel icon. Tried rebooting car, multiple times, both soft and hard reboots but nothing fixed it. Never had any issues like these in the 3 months we've had the car until today.

What changed was we just received a USB hub, SDCard (and SDcard USB adapter) and connected them yesterday in order to use the dashcam.

What finally fixed it was unplugging the USB hub and then rebooting the car and everything returned to normal.

Anyone else experience this? Is this some compatibility issue with the USB hub/SDcard?
It would be helpful if you state the makes/models of the USB hub, SD card and USB adapter.

Does this problem also occur if you leave the USB hub out of the equation? In other words, just plug the SD card and adapter directly to one of the car's front USB ports?

Haven't tried that yet. Also not sure if it'll happen again if I plug the USB hub back in. For now I left it unplugged as my wife is driving it and didn't want her to have to deal with the issues. Will do some testing and report back.

Hello.

I have a similar issue in my 2018 Model S HW 2.5. When I plug a memory stick the car starts to work in a slow mode I could say. Maps, music and even Airbag light comes on and off.
SC told me to try different memory sticks with no luck until now. Ranger couldn´t fix it.
If I unplug the memory stick everything works fine.