Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Camera Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to Westfield today. Charged on SC to 100% (long trip back) and when driving back, GPS is stuck in Westfield, rear view black, AP unavailable, SOS button needs servicing error.
Tried many reboots and a maps update.
No joy.

Any advice?

Went to Westfield today. Charged on SC to 100% (long trip back) and when driving back, GPS is stuck in Westfield, rear view black, AP unavailable, SOS button needs servicing error.
No joy.

Any advice?
I've got the same. Had it about a week now.
All retets tried and haven't resolved.
I had previously logged a service appt (back in october) for AP not working and blank screen on rear camera for monday but it had been passed to virtual technicians who never came back to me.
I'm going to just turn up to original appt and try my luck. If I find a fix I'll advise.

It's very annoying as cant use sat nav to work out battery level at destination, and the screen wont autoswitch to night mode.

I just wander if the insurance is valid if the tracker is not functioning given gps stuck on last charge location, in my case home.

So I held the ‘release notes’ button and it forced a navigation data update. After that it worked fine (as soon as I started driving).

I wonder whether its a result of a update being stopped halfway.

you need WiFi to download. Try it!

No joy.

Any advice?
I had this (also after charging). My rear camera went blank too. I tried the steering wheel reset and nothing helped. Do you have a USB for sentry plugged in? I unplugged the sentry USB, did another steering wheel reset and the problem cleared. May have been complete coincidence but worth a punt.