Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not think this is acceptable when it comes to having to use the rear camera for reversing :(

In the Dry it is actually pretty good, but Rain :(

rear camera T3.jpg

What makes it worse I do not see a simple solution either :(

Thoughts?

I do not think this is acceptable when it comes to having to use the rear camera for reversing :(

In the Dry it is actually pretty good, but Rain :(

View attachment 462505

What makes it worse I do not see a simple solution either :(

Thoughts?
Most rearcams iv ever seen are like this in the wet. I have an xtrail with 36p. If it's rained and I want to park with it h
I have to get out and wipe it. It's usually better if you clean before a journey though

On the past 2 cars I have owned it is nothing like that, MB rear camera came out of the bumper when in use, and I am parked in a garage so bone dry and clean before I leave.
think how much that would cost to implement on an alreaedy expensive car? is it an expense you want when you could just go and give it a quick wipe? next thing youll want a self cleaning car or a never dirty.....

Does anyone know if the reversing sensors would detect a cat? Specifically next door's cat that has a habit of running into my garage when I'm reversing in.

Or the forward sensors for that matter.

"Does anyone know if the reversing sensors would detect a cat? Specifically next door's cat that has a habit of running into my garage when I'm reversing in.

Or the forward sensors for that matter".

When you run it over you will know the answer to that ? :( but I would say yes as a guess (it is a guess though).

I'm not sure the sensors would pick up. I have a dashcam vid somewhere of an aged sheepdog I stopped for on the single track lane to here...it walked in front of the car with no sensors going off and only known 'cos it was night and the car lights cast a shadow. Fur is not a good echo reflectant. You could try borrowing a dead cat from your local vet or a yorkie from a neighbour.....