Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Cargo Cover for 5 Seat 2020 Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

drmanny3

Supporting Member
Feb 28, 2014
Santa Barbara, CA
So I have removed several of the trays in the cargo area. I removed the one closes to the bumper. I then removed the tray that is just behind the rear seats. That gives me over 7 inches more of depth which help accommodate our Great Pyrenees dog Viola. I tried ordering a cargo mat for the car. The one that showed up requires both the trays being in place. Right now there is tray that just covers the trunk area next to the bumper. There is a space that is about 4 inches or so before you get to the shelf that is next to the rear seats. Does anyone make a cargo liner that will fit? I need the extra depth next to the back of the rear seats. I have taken a cargo liner and tried to cut it so that it would cover that open area so that my dog will not get her paws stuck. I know this is kind of nuts, but I am hoping there are others out there who have gone this route.

If you get the Tesla subtrunk cover (or make one), when you remove the upper 2 covers behind the back seats you will have a level floor very close in dimension to having the covers on. An aftermarket 5 seater cargo mat should be a close fit.

Attachments

• F7ECD5C0-632A-4DC2-AEB0-145DF7CB7529.jpeg
    F7ECD5C0-632A-4DC2-AEB0-145DF7CB7529.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 223
I realized that I should have posted pictures of what I wanted and needed. The first pick is with the front panel removed showing the open area between the two. This is what I would like a cargo mat to cover. The second pic shows the very rear panel removed showing the storage area. The next pic shows where I have cut a cargo mat and tried to make it fit. Not great but it works. It covers up the open area in the middle. Just not perfect looking. The last pic is where I placed a moving blanket over the cut up cargo cover. Viola our canine companion likes the accommodations. I would just like to pretty them up a bit. I could perhaps find some material that the boards are made of and cut a piece that would fit over the cargo hole and meet with the upper board. That would create a completely flat area. I would still need a finished cargo mat to cover it all. Why you ask? Viola has a lot! of white hair that sticks to this material like glue.

Attachments

• IMG_4183.jpg
    IMG_4183.jpg
    589.5 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_4184.jpg
    IMG_4184.jpg
    550.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_4185.jpg
    IMG_4185.jpg
    553.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_4186.jpg
    IMG_4186.jpg