Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear console monitor Hansshow …needs some work still

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hannshow made a nice mini hud display for my model Y to fit in my steering column without blocking air flow —I love it and I have contemplated installing the 7 inch android rear center console screen but they missed the mark on the design of that one. I hope this discussion group might have some sway to persuade hansshow to make another go at a redesign….I like the size of the screen being integrated into the console instead of hanging out like the 8 inch model but while it has climate controls and app features it reports temp only in Celsius…. I also don’t like that the air vents don’t have adjustable directional louvers like the OEM air vent…it only has static… if they would change those 2 features I would be all over it to install in my car…a nice addition similar to the screen in the model X And great for passengers and kids. What do you think? Would those upgrades prompt you to install a year screen?

The drowback if found for this 7 and 8 inches rear display is the need
to use an additional phone hotspot to get Internet connectivity.

The 8 inch can use an integrated Sim card, but
this is an extra connectivity cost, for a device that
might be used may be one or two hours a day during commuting.

And it seems that the only Tesla feature accessible
is to turn on and off the back seat heating.

Honestly, if this is only for kids, or passengers, it seem simpler
to have each of them having their own tablet or phone
since a cell phone is already required to get the Internet

Also the 7" only supports bluetooth connection to the car, you can not connect a headset to let the kids watch a movie with headphones for audio.

This and the fact that you can not disable some of the control functions is what has made me not want it.

I dont want the kids to be able to control volume, and temperature from the back seat, but i would not be able to disable these features, and it does not support updates as far as i can see, so no chance of that feature ever been implemented.

Also the 7" only supports bluetooth connection to the car, you can not connect a headset to let the kids watch a movie with headphones for audio.

This and the fact that you can not disable some of the control functions is what has made me not want it.

I dont want the kids to be able to control volume, and temperature from the back seat, but i would not be able to disable these features, and it does not support updates as far as i can see, so no chance of that feature ever been implemented.
same here. Those are the same issues that make me not pull the trigger. Should have come with internal speaker and ability to connect to bluetooth headphones like prevoius 8 inch version. And also i don't want the kids playing with anything else beside the air flow for the rear and seat heaters. It could be easily changed by them to allow disabling these features.

Reactions: hmadsen
same here. Those are the same issues that make me not pull the trigger. Should have come with internal speaker and ability to connect to bluetooth headphones like prevoius 8 inch version. And also i don't want the kids playing with anything else beside the air flow for the rear and seat heaters. It could be easily changed by them to allow disabling these features.
Hi

Yes, would not take a lot to make a setup menu, where the different features could be enabled and disabled, it is a terrible idea to have the backseat passengers, which i assume is most likely kids, to be able to control front seats, heating and audio volume.

I would even go as far as claiming that this is a potential security risk, as if the kids suddenly turn the volume up all the way, because "baby shark" is on the radio, would be a real risk of someone crashing because of the shock of the sudden volume change.

Rear heated seats and possibly whether or not the blend flap for the rear seat vent is all of the control they should have, i totally agree with you.

I would not mind if there were an option to show when the next planned stop is (Navigate to next supercharger on longer trips) to avoid "Are we going to take a break soon" every 5 minutes :)

Hi

Yes, would not take a lot to make a setup menu, where the different features could be enabled and disabled, it is a terrible idea to have the backseat passengers, which i assume is most likely kids, to be able to control front seats, heating and audio volume.

I would even go as far as claiming that this is a potential security risk, as if the kids suddenly turn the volume up all the way, because "baby shark" is on the radio, would be a real risk of someone crashing because of the shock of the sudden volume change.

Rear heated seats and possibly whether or not the blend flap for the rear seat vent is all of the control they should have, i totally agree with you.

I would not mind if there were an option to show when the next planned stop is (Navigate to next supercharger on longer trips) to avoid "Are we going to take a break soon" every 5 minutes :)
FYI: there is a version 3 now. :)
Version 3 has ability to connect to blue tooth headsets.

However, still doesn't have
- internal speakers. (i have two kids, and only one headsets can be connected, so they would have to share a headset, one ear each)
- doesn't allow ability to block control to car audio play/stop, volume or entire car temp.
- rear air vent becomes extra small.

- internal speakers. (i have two kids, and only one headsets can be connected, so they would have to share a headset, one ear each)
- doesn't allow ability to block control to car audio play/stop, volume or entire car temp.
Yes i saw this one and as you said, the vents are now almost non existant, which i am sure will not be liked by the backseat passengers.

And as said, still not posibility to limit the number of functions that the passengers can control.

This would be awesome “IF” there was an external HDMI port for like a Nintendo switch. I’m sure it’s coming so I’m gonna wait. Bluetooth through the car speakers is fine but if you’re gonna make this as massive as possible then we need an external connection.

This would be awesome “IF” there was an external HDMI port for like a Nintendo switch. I’m sure it’s coming so I’m gonna wait. Bluetooth through the car speakers is fine but if you’re gonna make this as massive as possible then we need an external connection.
Bluetooth through the car speakers would be fine, if it weren't for the 1s delay between the video and the audio. Whatever bluetooth profile they are using must be doing extra processing (try pairing your phone and watching video on it - the same issue). They need to use a different profile (similar to the one used for FaceTime / phone calls) that doesn't introduce the lag.

I honestly think 7" is already pushing the limit without sacrificing air flow. I think the v2 looked fine except it just needed to include 2 USB-C ports instead of 2 USB-A and 1 USB-C port. I like the airflow of the v2 and they just needed to have the same guts of v3 into the v2 body. Hopefully with v4 they go back to the 7" display size and add more air flow vent real estate and just have 2 USB-C ports in the back and add a USB-C to USB-A adapter for those that need it.