Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installing the Hansshow 7.2" rear screen in MY standard range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,
I have a 2023 Austin MY SR that was delivered 2/28/23. I ordered and received the Hansshow 7.2" rear infotainment screen and is trying to install it per youtube video and instruction. I installed the front console screen and have no issue at all. Anyone install one in the MY SR?
I removed the top panel with the vent and lower panel. The top look pretty normal with 1 plug for USB but discovered that the lower part have absolutely no wires at all. No AMD plug as shown in multiple videos and instruction. I already email [email protected] to asked them for help but wondering if anyone got one install and where to find that plug. And if different instruction needed where can I find the instruction. Attached are some images... Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2098.JPG
    IMG_2098.JPG
    564.6 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_2097.JPG
    IMG_2097.JPG
    715.5 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_2096.JPG
    IMG_2096.JPG
    688.1 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_2095.JPG
    IMG_2095.JPG
    804.4 KB · Views: 138
Thanks all.. I got it installed and work great. It's a little more involve than one with the plug existed at the center console. Took me about 2.5 hours but with the first time open up the center console, I took extra time to make sure I don't break anything.

Thanks all.. I got it installed and work great. It's a little more involve than one with the plug existed at the center console. Took me about 2.5 hours but with the first time open up the center console, I took extra time to make sure I don't break anything.
Would you be willing to share a bit more information on how you got it to work so that in the future owners of the 2023 MY SR when they see this thread it will help them proceed to complete the install?

Did you have to reroute the connector to the back to make it work? How did you do it? Tks!

@bigmonkey70 , have you played a youtube or movie on it yet? How bad is the latency issue? I.e. - the delay between the sound and the people speaking on the movie?

New to these post and trying to get some information on the Hansshow 7.2. They sent me the MY-SR vice the LR/P. It’s useless trying to get any assistance. After a few email exchanges, they no longer respond. SInce we have no kids… now my wife is telling we have no need, sell it. Anyone point me to thsee bulletin boards for posting sales? Are they allowed?