Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear cover offered in Hong Kong oem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I honestly don't see the point for this car. For sport utes with no hidden storage, sure. But there is so much storage underneath and in the frunk that I have yet to have an issue trying to get things out of sight. I suppose if you are going to use your Tesla to store big stuff a lot, then maybe.

I honestly don't see the point for this car. For sport utes with no hidden storage, sure. But there is so much storage underneath and in the frunk that I have yet to have an issue trying to get things out of sight. I suppose if you are going to use your Tesla to store big stuff a lot, then maybe.

@JimmySure what if you're road-tripping and have more stuff with you than fits in the under-floor and frunk bins? Like a suitcase, for example?

No privacy cover is going to prevent someone from breaking glass though…

@Grandpa Gebis of course not. But they always look first to see if there's something to grab. If you have a privacy cover, they can't tell so they're not going to waste their time smashing the window to find nothing. EDIT: unless they have a lot of time on their hands without anyone seeing them? Or they're really high.

@JimmySure what if you're road-tripping and have more stuff with you than fits in the under-floor and frunk bins? Like a suitcase, for example?

I'm sure there are some reasons to get one, but if I am hauling big items, I am usually going from A to B vs. road tripping. For 99% of the stuff I leave in the car, it's easy to put in frunk or below rear hatch to get out of sight. If you road trip a lot in your Y, go for it.

I'm sure there are some reasons to get one, but if I am hauling big items, I am usually going from A to B vs. road tripping. For 99% of the stuff I leave in the car, it's easy to put in frunk or below rear hatch to get out of sight. If you road trip a lot in your Y, go for it.
But thieves and junkies will quickly smash your glass to steal a bag or suitcase that contains nothing just to find out if there is anything valuable. I once had a side window smashed (not a Tesla) because I left small change in a console cubby, and it cost a bundle to replace the glass.

I will be ordering the privacy cover after I get the car. I'm hoping the panels inside are soon changed to include the shelf for the cover like the new MIC Model Ys.