Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear door closing mechanism too low

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
Received the delivery of my model X.
First thing is I notice how uneven the door and roof was. Outside rubber seams is overly bend downward. The door closes but at last minute does an upper twitch as if it felt resistance and was pushed upward. Inside rubber is uneven and you see the rubber indentation of top part of door. Bottom of door is not flush with the bottom of car line.

I know Elon said MX is difficult to construct.

But have they not figure it out yet?

should I return the car inside of the 7 days

Thanks for comment

Hello,
First thing is I notice how uneven the door and roof was. Outside rubber seams is overly bend downward. The door closes but at last minute does an upper twitch as if it felt resistance and was pushed upward. Inside rubber is uneven and you see the rubber indentation of top part of door. Bottom of door is not flush with the bottom of car line.

Thanks for comment

My FWDs do not line up with the roofline above the front doors, but I have a 2017. I would recommend looking at other new Model X cars on the lot to see if they are comparable.

Hello,

Thanks for comment
I could be wrong, but I read somewhere that they started introducing thicker rubber seals. My July 2019 MX front door seals are always falling off, and mobile tech said to wait for warm weather so they can stick them back on properly with double sided tape, which is what is used at the factory. They must’ve changed to something new as some experienced wind noise and air leaks. Make sure to take your MX and have new seals added before your 7 days as they will jump on the opportunity to make you happy in that window to make sure you keep the car. Otherwise you might have to wait a bit if they’re really busy.