Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear ended in Sherwood…Damage Guestimate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just submitted Diminished Value Claim to SF. Picked up repaired car and drove to Carmax. Received an offer of $27,500. At the same Carmax lot an exact match with my car prior to repair was listed at $49,900 (with autopilot only mine has FSD ). Cars are 2021 Model Y Performance with just under 20,000 miles.

Reactions: JaxonDM
Just submitted Diminished Value Claim to SF. Picked up repaired car and drove to Carmax. Received an offer of $27,500. At the same Carmax lot an exact match with my car prior to repair was listed at $49,900 (with autopilot only mine has FSD ). Cars are 2021 Model Y Performance with just under 20,000 miles.

How did the DV claim end up with SF? They claim they don‘t cover DV, but it can be enforced. DV should be applicable for your loss.

That is why I'm curious of what vehicle he is getting.

Depends on the state for loss of use. WA says that only have to provide “basic transportation“ not a like vehicle. Meaning they can put you in a Toyota Corolla if they want to. Exemption is if it’s for work use, such as a truck they’ll generally pay for a truck.

Not sure on OR’s replacement laws.